Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bugger

Just the one. I may let it get dirty again so I don't notice or bite the bullet and get it redone. Decisions decisions.
That was a bummer about the crash Clive.

Just the one. I may let it get dirty again so I don't notice or bite the bullet and get it redone. Decisions decisions.
That was a bummer about the crash Clive.

No damage to me Nick, not a scratch! The ARB bar saved me, but the merc didn't look very well at all :?

Just a quick update on the broken glass, my service workshop has sourced a genuine replacement (their words not mine) same green tint, for about 250 Euros, confirmed order delivery due next week :dance:

Only just spotted this thread. Bugger indeed! :doh:

FYI if you end up having to go new, Megazip.net will ship glass worldwide and their prices arnt too bad, slightly more than Amayama but if the order is over $200 its free postage, so swings and roundabouts really. :ugeek:

Amayama wont ship glass. :thumbdown:

Just a quick update on the broken glass, my service workshop has sourced a genuine replacement (their words not mine) same green tint, for about 250 Euros, confirmed order delivery due next week :dance:
Good news Clive glass is always more expensive shipping wise than the glass itself from my previous experiences.
Shame there's no breakers there like where I am too.

Be good to get it fixed finally.

Last edited:
Well, it's only money, 1,000 Lei (about €225 euros) and a new back window was delivered to my service workshop.

I don't blame them, but they didn't want to fit it, so I paid the money and called in on the off-chance to the guys at the body shop that resprayed the truck a few years ago.

He wasn't so busy and he he fitted it while I waited, in about 30 minutes. These are really sh!tty photos, but I know folks like photies, orbit didn't happen....

IMG_9232.JPG

IMG_9233.JPG

He cursed all the tape we'd put on the shattered glass, it's been there 2 weeks now and the glue had gone gungy....

IMG_9234.JPG

He was very proud of his piece of waxed string, "I've had this for 6 years" he said, works every time :lol:

The hardest part was getting all the broken glass pieces out of the channel in the rubber surround.

They're great guys, they know what they're doing, no fuss and very cheap. He charged me £8 to fit it, and of course I gave him a drink on top.

So now I have a nice shiny new back window and a demister that won't have half the panels out, when I need it :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Every cloud has a silver lining Clive. A fully working demister is a bonus. :thumbup:

It was ok really Rich, but there were 2 rows out.

No more, it's all shiny and new now.

Time to get the truck to the jet-wash, I was afraid they'd push the back window in with it, when it was shattered. No excuses now... :lol:

I wish we had quality workers that would charge £8 for such things here. :icon-rolleyes:

I'm a bit embarrassed sometimes Rich, they say the price expecting you to be upset that it's too much and when you offer double because you're thrilled with what they do, they can't believe it!

I called in on the offchance, no phonecall, just turned up, and they did it. That was worth a fortune to me, not having to book, make arrangements to leave the truck, taxis and what have you.

Eh?! No appointment necessary, call in on the off chance, all the old broken glass removed , new one fitted and charged £8? Absolutely disgraceful, shouldn't be allowed! :lol:
After all the grief I had with AW that sounds like a joke. Nice one Clive:thumbup:

They're just good guys in a small privately owned body shop getting by.

So all the corporate procedures and systems that AW and similar set up around themselves, only ends up working against the customer.

I suppose it's easy to say these things, but that's how I see it sometimes.

There was always a private corner garage in the old days, where I could take my bike as a kid and get the lamp bracket welded back on.

All that seems to have disappeared in the U.K.

Thankfully, it's still thriving here.

Reactions: Pat
Back