Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Calling all Photographers.

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Ok for all you Photography fundi's out there:!

I have a Canon 7D with various bits of kit, and I wouldlike to add geotagging to my photos.
Ideally I'd like a simple solution that doesn't have me spending hours :techie-typing: editing or matching GPS data with photos I've taken.

So can anyone tell me whats a good solution to this?

Marius?
Dark Dude?

Anyone else?

EDIT.... I have found photo track GPS which is what I was thinking of buying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRCOYOUThQI

Get a Nikon :smile: I've got a D200 which does it natively. Sorry, sound like a Mac user ...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Get a Nikon :smile: I've got a D200 which does it natively. Sorry, sound like a Mac user ...

On a serious note, I've seen gadgets which you keep with you. With it and software everything is tagged based on time. I'll try find it when I'm back in the land of the living.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Doesn't Graham. That is what I was talking about. This thing constantly logs where you are and time. Then using some software on your computer, it matches the time your pictures where taken with it's log files and geo-tags them.

If you do use this, make very sure the date and time is correct on your camera.

Also understand how the device deals with changes in time timezones. If it always logs local time but your camera does not change, it won't work. Should say in the instructions or ask Chas :!:

Crispin said:

or my Sony SLT-A55 does that with its built-in GPS :clap:

Crispin said:
Gary Stockton said:
or my Sony SLT-A55 does that with its built-in GPS :clap:

Ja guys, but I've got a proper camera! :whistle:

Olazz said:
Ja guys, but I've got a proper camera! :whistle:

Ignore them all, you have the right make and model :thumbup:

Can't help with geo-tagging though :doh:

Thanks for the links and tips guys.

Not sure I've found exactly what I want yet, and it may not be possible, without spending time syncing tracks and pics on a laptop. Just what I didn't want to do though.

I use Touratech for mapping and I'm pretty certain it has a Geotagging facility because I know that you can post up photos and track to Google Earth.

Also look at Picasa - if the route is on Google Earth I think you can then tag your photos.

Julian Voelcker said:
I use Touratech for mapping and I'm pretty certain it has a Geotagging facility because I know that you can post up photos and track to Google Earth.

Also look at Picasa - if the route is on Google Earth I think you can then tag your photos.

I'd have to check this but I'm almost sure that Picasa can be used along with Eye Fi to Geotag your images.....

John

Back