Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Camping Stoves

Sorry for the delay - have been quite busy since Lincomb.

Warren I think it was mine you saw and it's this one from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008O4WVQA/

Keep in mine its pretty much raw cat iron so needs to be cured etc to avoid it rusting.
What is the size of that griddle Grant, does it cover one burner or two, and how do you 'cure' cast iron? :oops:

It's not really that bad Chas. You will be able to get ones that have a coating over the cast iron so none of that will be required. Just keen an eye out

Another way of doing it is coat all in cooking oil then put in the oven at the highest temp for 1 hr or so.
last things i did in the bbq and they have could out the best of them all to be fair. takes less the 5 min in prep time Chas.
stu

I seem to recall that peanut oil is the best to use for this. Don't use a high solids oil like olive oil.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
not really a cooker, but for a brew or boil in the bag meal I love my jetboil. boils water faster than my kettle at home! The fastest way of boiling water I have ever had out in the boonies!

Generally speaking, even I would have to admit to having too many stoves. But the Jetboil isn't among them. Yet. I can see a real use for this one. It's a bit of a one trick pony although you can now get different pan tops for it (more clutter) but for a brew on the move it has to be the best thing. Fill, click, bubble bubble, t bag in, milk, slurp. I can definitely feel the wallet twitching. My gas Trangia is fast, in fact it's thermo-nuclear but takes 45 seconds to set up and then of course pack away. It boils as fast as a jet boil - we've tried it but there is something very slick about the JB

Back