Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Car speakers

Aspire

Country Flag
england
Hi guys,

I have a drivers door speaker that doesn't work, has anyone replaced the speaker if so what size , make and it looks like you have to take the door card off.

any suggestions ?

regards

I replaced mine, 150 mm & can't remember make i used, it was a long time ago now, yes card off jobby.

Test the wiring. Might be broken where it flexes when opening the door.

Nope speaker us off to get new ones in morning plus will upgrade tweeters.

anyone changed ariel if so what have you gone with

regards

Simon

Also replaced the antenna part of the ariel so now working speakers and non crackles radio.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Aspire
What were the symptoms of faulty antenna and where did you source the replacement please?
I don't have crackles but difficulty in picking up and holding stations, Not sure if the antenna or coax is the prob or maybe the receiver itself.It is a 2001 100 series so a bit long in the tooth.Quality is excellent when it does pick up something.

Last edited:
Ebay

car-masts-uk they have a full range of replacement masts.

mine was same s yours as radio was struggling to maintain signal and go faint / crackle Mine cost £25 plus postage very simple replacement now a dream. Mast would go up and down no probs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.
I checked the website and for the 100 quoting 20 quid, sounds like a good investment.

Ok the mast not as good as old one but £20 they work out cheaper than replacement ariel at £200.

Back