Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Carputer.....Well,notebook

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Well,after the weekend lanning around shropsire. We got split up a few times. One of the probs was that There were only a couple of people who knew where we were going.

Obviously memory maps is a good thing to have. Ive been trying to get it set up on my notebook for ages. Keith had a look sat night for me and got it to work as it should with my GPS thingy :D

So on the sunday i was up and running. Obviously a few of us send routes and lanes to each other. If i had the routes we were doing at the weekend and anyone got lost it would have been easier to re group.

Im now sorted and next time will be better again :thumbup:

More of us are going down this route now.

As many know i always do what i do on a low budget,Dont like to spend it if i can do it at low cost :D

Couple of pics of my notebook bracket,as always i have got a few mods to do,but happy it can be used for the next trip.

And before anyone askes me NO.I WILL NOT BE PAINTING IT :lol: :lol: :lol:

P4190036.jpg

P4190037.jpg

P4190039.jpg

P4190038-1.jpg

If you'd made that arm out of slightly bigger box, you could have put your winch on it Karl and plugged it into a rear receiver.

Jon will be so proud of you. Even I don't over-engineer to that depth. Poppy can sit on that and look out the window. Damn she could even steer!

Chris

:lol: Chris

I couldnt find anything smaller than 3" box :D

I brought a few lengths of the box i used,Still got 2 7m lengths for when i do some rear draws.

You know what its like,It would have taken me longer to go and fetch some smaller steel than it took to fab the thing :D

:lol: there was me worrying my latest project was over engineered but not now :mrgreen:

It really doesnt look as big in the flesh as it does in the pics :oops:

I was going to just use the bar to come off the handle at first and then put a Small sheet of 1.5mm steel to sit the notebook on but i couldnt find any. I only had 3mm and i couldnt lift that :D

I love how i always have positive comments :whistle:

I made it like that so i could also keep my wallet on it ;)

I like it!!!! How are you stopping the laptop from sliding out?

Oh and I hear au natural is en vouge at the mo :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Blimey Karl ... that's one heavy duty notebook bracket :shock: :shock:

is your notebook made of lead or something ???? or an internal winch would be unique :lol: :lol:

paint wise ... i agree natural is the new paint

TonyP said:
I like it!!!! How are you stopping the laptop from sliding out?

Oh and I hear au natural is en vouge at the mo :whistle:

It has two rubber Things underneath that i have made sure the top bar of the bracket will hold them to stop it from sliding off. I had a cable tie holding it to the bracket on the way home to see how it was. no probs at all.

I need to get my head around the fixing side as i use it.

I will paint or powdercoat when its finished.

Carl,

It really isnt as big or heavy duty as it looks, If i have a better idea i can bin it,but for now it will defo do the job.

I used a spare part of the dash handle.

Rear winch mount could be handy though :think:

TBH carl im well happy with it ;)

Better than paying 100 squid for one.

Steel cost nowt for the amount used and prob an hour in time.

Enjoyed making it.

Annamarie said:
looks like a tip in your car :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Annamarie

I have been lanning with it all weekend and used it today for work. Before that its been having the box fitted and not had it back long.Before that was lincomb weekend and it broke down then :thumbdown:

Carnt think of any more excuses :lol:

I did think about it looking a mess but cleaning it will be a job for when i get five mins free
:D

Annamarie said:
You should see mine, winch solenoid box in passenger footwell, cables galore, boxes with LCD displays, GPS thingies, RAM mount for the laptop, switch boxes, fag ash on the rubber mats, mud, mud and a bit more mud, you name it, it's probably there :oops: :lol: :lol:

Cossack said:
Annamarie said:
You should see mine, winch solenoid box in passenger footwell, cables galore, boxes with LCD displays, GPS thingies, RAM mount for the laptop, switch boxes, fag ash on the rubber mats, mud, mud and a bit more mud, you name it, it's probably there :oops: :lol: :lol:

Thats how they should be isnt it chas :thumbup:

im going to make a mount for mine soon. but i will be using rubber between my mount and the dash, and rubber between the mount and the netbook, to try and cut down on vibrations and shocks from off roading, as im sure it cant be healthy for the netbook.

there not too expensive to buy. my mate bought the one below and then modified it slightly to attach to his dash and not his windscreen. :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-7-13-IN ... 5372wt_932

Mine will have foam between notebook and bracket ben :thumbup:

I have weilded it to the handle on the dash and it has got a little flex.

See what happens with it.Just wanted it in and sorted for the next trip.

Its got to be better than on sunday,had it on the passenger seat and it ended up on the floor twice :o

the one shown in the link would still have to have something like i made under it as i couldnt fit mine anywhere else in the truck. :thumbup:

I've got a Samsung tablet and bought a spare 'wallet' for it, just for use in the truck, and bolted an ally plate to the back, for rigidity, and fixed a camera quick release mount on the back which clips straight onto the Ram mount :thumbup: fits nicely although it hasn't been road tested yet.

IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg

Jon Wildsmith said:
:lol: there was me worrying my latest project was over engineered but not now :mrgreen:
Your' very safe Jon, thats just taken to another era.

Graham

MPG :think:

Whats that gav?

I have no idea what my truck does as it doesnt matter with me paying `10p per litre :think:

The truck does sit lower on the passenger side now though and i carnt understand why :whistle:

Back