Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CDL switch while driving

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
Can any more tell me at what speed its safe to hit the cdl button

It's about 60 mph from memory, but clearly NOT whilst in a 90 degree bend etc etc....

I hit it when I see standing water on the motorway, especially if it's only going to be under one side. it does stabilise the car considerably. It's in the handbook.

It saved my ass tonight on wet tar. Had a rather large load on the trailer approached the hill selected 1st and about half ways up theres a sharp corner, at this point she started to loose grip.

Best money ever spent was buying that CDL switch

Am I right in thinking UK models either had VC or CDL button but not both?

Mine has a VC but came with no CDL button even though the wiring is there behind the dash and it’s an easy retro fit. The button is, however, mentioned in the owners manual but advises leaving the CD unlocked for better vehicle control on all types of road from dry to snow covered. Maybe the advice for versions without the VC was different?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It does make you wonder what the life expectancy of one is . I don't hear of many failing, but we are into 20+ years of 80 series Cruisers now and we may all find common bits dropping off.

I suspect they last indefinitely just for road use. Serious off road abuse causing sudden locking and heating would be their downfall. I always assumed that failure would cause locking up which would be immediately obvious but I guess they could fail in an open state which would not be at all obvious.

Back