Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Center Differential Lock Pin 7 Mod

No, I didn't get the electric fan bit either. Guessing is a special Dave modification.

No, I didn't get the electric fan bit either. Guessing is a special Dave modification.

Spot on Chris :thumbup:

FWIW, the original reason for NOT wanting CDL in low range was I often reversed a trailer up a steep ramp, low was needed but, the tarmac surface gave such traction you could hear and even 'feel' the drivetrain binding and the tyres squealed like stuck pigs!

regards

Dave

I also find the mod good for that Dave.

I may have a switch dave. Ill have to check. They don't last long and normally I have people waiting for them. Is yours a 12 or 24v truck?

Valves or volts?

12 valve with 24v starting dual battery setup.

Valve mate.

The 12valve and 24valve trucks have different switches:icon-wink:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I was after a CDL switch, went to the local Toyota dealer and they couldn't find even find reference to one let alone a part number. I surmised that this was because they were not OE on UK models? Ended up buying one from Slee Offroad, arrived in just over a week.

I also find the mod good for that Dave.

I may have a switch dave. Ill have to check. They don't last long and normally I have people waiting for them. Is yours a 12 or 24v truck?

Hi Karl, it is Derek looking for the switch not me. Please confirm you got a longish shopping list from me please Karl, hijack off sorry. :oops:

regards

Dave

I know Dave. I was saying that I find being able to not have the truck locked up when reversing up hill with a heavy load on a major plus.
Ill check messages :thumbup:

Got this done just unplugged it as you said and it works a treat
Thanks David

This was a great piece of information. This past weekend I had the same problem on a 4x4 trail and was so frustrated with the low range setting not wanting to change gears when I want it to do so and the CDL that I couldn’t switch off.

Cool. I know what I’m going to do this evening. :dance:

Just resurrecting an old thread here, rather than disconnecting the plug underneath and having to put a glove end over it etc. (which personally i'm not a fan of) could you not just disconnect the black with blue trace wire at the Transfer Control Relay inside the cab? Would do the same thing, plus leaving everything underneath connected still?
Diagram attached, this is one i found on the internet for a 1996 model but its basically the same for all the models. i think...
Tim

Attachments

• Page 25.pdf
    929.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
IIRC that is what I done but it was a long time ago. I did not want exposed plugs getting water in and wanted apart from easier towing I also used the mod to maintain control over the electric cooling fan, mine is all electric and has been for I guess seven years? Cutting the wire stopped the CDL engaging when in low, then fitted the switch in the dash and all good. I then found that cutting the wire also affects the auto box, mine being manual it may not have been needed?

The fan system was modified a couple of years back as the fan model I was using was no longer available new, so now I use a modern PWM fan, this gives better control over fan speeds which includes everything from idling in traffic, AC and post shut down cooling.

regards

Dave

Back