Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Centre diff lock

Darrell

I love my LC so much I have just bought another, which I pick up tomorrow.

It has a button in it saying "centre diff lock" and I am sure mine doesn't.

The new one is a 93 import diesel, mine is a 95 domestic petrol. My present one has a rotating switch for front and rear diff locks, but I cannot remember it having a CDL.

Are they very different?

Oh, while I am here, what is the script with the electric windows in these things.
Rubbish, just rubbish. :eusa-snooty:

Not really different without the switch it will lock the centre diff when you engage low range only.

Windows, it's an old truck, the rubbers are old. You can Replace them.

The import doesn't have front or rear lockers like your current one, so the switch is just for locking the centre diff :thumbup:

Last edited:
The import doesn't have front or rear lockers like your current one, so the switch is just for locking the centre diff :thumbup:

Mine does......centre, front and rear.......91 import, diesel.

I think it's so you can lock the centre diff whilst in high range.
I believe that it was an optional extra for UK cars. I've just added the switch to mine as the working loom has a connector for it, just needs switch installing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Even in 80s without the switch all you need to do it take the switch blank off the dashboard pop a centre diff lock switch in and bam! You can now lock the diff up in 4high. 80s without the switch have a viscous coupling inside the transfer case which locks up as required...

Mine was like with bit the viscous coupling was removed and the centre diff lock switch added when I installed the part time 4wd kit was installed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back