Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chainsaw

fridayman

Garage
With bags of firewood running $15-20 over here, I decided to look into getting a chainsaw as there are plenty of fallen trees lying around. It very quickly became apparent that you buy Husky or Stihl if you want it to last.

At the husky store the chap had a very nice 16" saw for $250, and right below it an identical looking saw for $500!? When I asked him what the difference was he replied that the top one is made in China and the other one in Sweden, otherwise they are identical. He wouldn't admit that the Chinese made ones were prone to problems, but he did say that the Swedish ones never fail.

I also popped in at the Stihl dealer and liked the look of the 14" Stihl Miniboss. When he dropped the price from $400 to $300, and chucked in a free carry case it would have been rude to turn it down. When we got home I gave it a quick spin on some logs that we have been collecting, and I love this little chainsaw! It cuts through hardwood like it is balsa. Camp fires are now sorted for the rest of the trip :)

Good choice - I always buy Stihl, be it chain saw, strimmer, etc - infact I have 3 Stihl Strimmers now (latest bought on Saturday!) A chainsaw, hedge cutter, leaf blower, and nifty orange bag and other bits and bobs. I have learnt my lesson the hard way when it comes to equipment - If you can, get the best - immitations get replaced every season......
Steve

Now get yourself one of these and it will pay for itself many times over http://www.chainsaw-shop.co.uk/silv...n=GoogleBase&gclid=CIfGoK3H6LUCFVDMtAodVW4AWw

It might also be worth mentioning i used to live near a sawmill and for 30 quid they would let you fill your vehicle with the cut offs left over from turning tree's into planks . Eventually i turned up one day with an 8 legger tipper wagon to fill and fully expected to be charged more . But the manager said 30 quid was still enough to cover it because i was actually doing him a favour taking it off his hands !

:banana-gotpics:

I want to buy a chainsaw myself over the next few months. I dont want to go on any trips without one, especially as all too often you will find fallen trees across the track, particularly after bush fires. :icon-biggrin:

Which reminds me I must get a new winch. :think:

Have you got your cruiser on the road yet?

When do you set off on your big trip? :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now get yourself one of these and it will pay for itself many times over http://www.chainsaw-shop.co.uk/silv...n=GoogleBase&gclid=CIfGoK3H6LUCFVDMtAodVW4AWw

Because I am mobile for most of this year, I decided to go for a file type sharpener. I enjoy hand sharpening, and often sit in front of the telly sharpening knives/axe/pizza wheel...

I picked up the saw, case, bar oil, 2 stroke oil (not the same as bike 2 stroke apparently), petrol can and sharpener.

IMG_1195.jpg

Everything except the petrol can fits in the case.

IMG_1196.jpg

Back