Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Challenge, Cruiser on the road for under a grand.

So, its been an uneventful year as far as the Collie has been concerned. A couple of rear dampers replaced and a couple of front drop links about all to report, oh, and the rear discs to match the front.
It has however developed an exhaust blow from the flexi piece on the right hand downpipe which I had replaced a few years ago. The side effect of this was a drop in sharpness and a hesitation when coming off idle when setting off, it also seemed to be less frugal too.
Today it went to Stainless Exhaust Systems in Mansfield for the front section to be replaced, as the cat back part had already been replaced a couple of years ago.

It looks like this:-

IMG_0722.JPG
IMG_0723.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

The collector piece is far more efficient than the factory pipes and the upside is that it it is quieter and sharper than it was pre fitting, the annoying hesitation is gone and it doesn't seem to smell so rich, as it had been recently.

For a good while I've been running these 275/70/16's on the Collie and they've been fine .

IMG_0759.JPG

However they were feeling a bit "old" so I had these fitted to the same wheels, Yokohama Geolanders I'd been running on that scabby 80 I had a couple of years back.

IMG_0764.JPG

I'd bought a couple of new truck steer tyres ( £420 each, ouch) so I asked them if they'd swap these over and balance them for a favour which they did. Fitted back on last night, an immediate transformation, smooth and quiet. They are my favoured tyre at the moment and I'll fit them to the 120 if ever the present GG AT2's ever wear out.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 3
Back