Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Changes to the way images work

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
This (should) apply to all images: Albums, posts and blogs.

You can upload images as they are from camera etc. I have set the thumbnail size to be 800 wide which I think is plenty for a post preview. Much better than the original 100.
Clicking on the image will then show the user the full size image which could be huge.

Hopefully this will help out the thread posts and using the images.

Let me know if something does not work right.

Another good step forward.
100 x 100 was too small, and always needed the viewer to click it to open.
With the thumbnail now set to 800 wide x 600 high , (am I right Crispin, you have 800 x 600 as default)

I always re size my photos, so in the pictures folder I also have within that folder a sub folder called "RED" lazy fro reduced.

I reduce them all to 800 x 600

I feel this is the optimum size for detail, and speed of loading, remembering not all of us have 5 Meg plus line speeds.

Gra.

Hi Crispin,

How about creating an area where it could be called " How To "

For example, how to easily reduce photo images from 4000 x 3000 typical camera size, to a manageable 800 x 600 forum view size?
I can make a nice simple "step by step" for even the most non computer savvy.

How about "How to create a Photobucket account"?

How to link from Photobucket?

I do realise that you want all images on the forum, but some times, that just isn't practicable.

Gra.

Graham, if you wanted to create (or merge the existing ones) a nice How-To for the various ways of posting images then that would be appreciated. :thumbup: I could add a button or link at the top for the how-to (I was thinking of using it as a broader how-to)

Graham, if you wanted to create (or merge the existing ones) a nice How-To for the various ways of posting images then that would be appreciated. :thumbup: I could add a button or link at the top for the how-to (I was thinking of using it as a broader how-to)
I would like to do it, I shall start ASAP,

Gra.

Back