Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chapel Gate in the PDNP...

Here is the message in full from the TRF:-

The TRF victory over the PDNPA and the Chapel Gate ETRO could be short-lived because the Authority has a meeting arranged for the 25th January at the PDNP Head Office to close it again.

I know its a Friday but its vitally important we make a lasting impression on the attendees to that meeting that they are messing with the wrong People. whilst we have speakers inside the meeting from the various user groups the Authority is just not listening to us and ignoring our rights.

We require as many Trailbikers and 4 x 4 vehicles as possible in the carpark at Alderny House BEFORE 9.00am to prevent visitors and members parking easily. We will conduct a Rally and Protest at the highest possible volume, complete with Placards, Banners, loud hailers and advertising. (Peak District National Park Authority, Aldern House, Baslow Road, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1AE)

This will only work if we are in the Hundreds. ( thousands would be good) we have to demonstrate to the Authorities that what they are doing by banning us from the Green Lanes affects a great number of people from allover the country. i implore every TRF Group, every motorcycle and 4 x 4 club to be represented and bring your vehicles ( road legal of course) and bring your Club Flags/ banners for identification as we will be on the Telly and all the papers.

After the Rally we will go out onto the lanes for a mass ride out, maybe more so be prepared.

The purpose of this is to persuade the Authority that it will be easier to work with us than Ban us. We want them to stop wasting the publics money and sit down and talk with us...........I want to be able to threaten the PDNPA that if they don't listen to us i have the power to cause them so much disruption they will regret the day they started this course of action and i can only do it if i have numbers. I can only do it if YOU care enough to take a day off work to be there on the 25Th of January.

Tell your friends, tell the Ramblers, tell everyone we are coming to Bakewell on the 25th........more the merrier. Please post this on your forums.

Important venue update for the picket at bakewell

from Mike Rhodes

Dear all

I’m just writing to let you know that it has been decided that due to the expected high number of people attending the ARP Committee meeting on 25 January (for the Chapel Gate report) that it would be better to hold the meeting at a bigger venue. Therefore the meeting rooms at the Agricultural Business Centre (ABC) in Bakewell have been booked and the meeting will be held there.

Please feel free to publicise this as you feel appropriate.

Regards

Mike Rhodes

Mike Rhodes
Access and Rights of Way Manager
Peak District National Park Authority

Another Great Lane Lost!

Yet another iconic Peak District lane has been lost to the ramblers. :icon-cry:

The Roych is the latest. :thumbdown:

Tel: 01629 816200 Fax: 01629 816310 E-mail: [email protected] Web: www.peakdistrict.gov.uk Minicom: 01629 816319 Aldern House . Baslow Road . Bakewell . Derbyshire . DE45 1AE

Your ref: Our ref: SAS/A76224 Date: 13 February 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

The National Park Authorities’ Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England) Regulations 2007 – Notice of Making a Traffic Regulation Order – The Roych

Following the January meeting of the Audit Resources and Performance Committee, I am writing to give notice that a traffic regulation order (TRO) has been made under section 22BB(2)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act (RTRA) 1984 to prohibit use by mechanically propelled vehicles at any time along the route known as the Roych.

The order will come into force on 20 February 2014. A copy of the notice of making of the order is attached to this letter for information together with the Regulation 14 decision notice giving the reasons for not acceding to objections made. This order replaces the one previously made in September 2013.

The notice, order, decision notice and a map showing the extent of the restriction can be found at www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/tros.

Please note that there are no rights of appeal to the making of the TRO, although an application may be made to the High Court within 6 weeks of the date of the order if it is considered that the order has not been validly made.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Yours faithfully

Sue Smith
Rights of Way Officer

So thats now Stanage, The Roych, and Chapel Gate. :icon-evil:

The fate of The Royce was sealed some time ago unfortunately. Stanage is still open to motorcycles........for now. These are the tip of the impending iceberg. There's a whole list of routes under threat and if the Draft Deregulation bill gets highjacked by the anti's there'll be nothing left.

Things really arnt looking good for the future of green laning in the UK. :icon-cry: :icon-evil: :thumbdown:

Attachments

• Mar14FrontCover12ace8.jpg
    Mar14FrontCover12ace8.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 142
Could you imagine closing lanes in France? They would be burning stuff in Paris with a day or two ;) Our area is covered in lanes, mostly graded, that farmers and hunters use, and as long as you are road legal, you can use them. There are a lot over grown too :(

Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have never quite understood the bureaucratic logic in closing lanes.

How can a closed lane be better than a damaged/rutted lane? Once closed, it becomes overgrown with substantial trees and vegetation, that will for ever prevent it from being reopened in the future.

Someone please explain the logic in that? :think:

Exactly Clive! So walkers and horse riders will struggle to get down some of the lanes as they become more and more over grown, until there lost completely. :thumbdown:

The only person to win is the landowner!

The other thing is closing the lanes wont stop the dickheads that are out there ruining the lanes now. They don't abide by the rules now, so all the law will do is prevent law abiding people from enjoying the lanes! :icon-evil:

What the UK needs and has needed for some time is for all the different groups, GLASS, CRAG, TRF, Tred lightly etc. to all come together under one banner and be one strong united organization, fighting the closures and working much more closely with the different authorities.

4WD Victoria who represent the state I live in do some amazing work at keeping tracks open and fighting closures. They have a lot of public support and work alongside the forestry commissions and the national parks and state forests. They also do a lot of charitable work and support the local communities and emergency services. :think:

Last edited:
Ben I was having a chat with a chap called Tristen the other day GLASS or Tread lightly rep for north Wales IIRC. The reason behind the different factions (as he explained it) is to present different faces to the various councils. It is very difficult to say to an authority that you want to work closely with them to keep lanes open only to turn round and take them to court as soon as they close them. Therefore GLASS and TRF are the bodies that take councils and authorities to court whereas Tread lightly attempt to work with councils to maintain and keep lanes open. makes no sense to be but thats why they do it that way.

The picket that happened last year, back to tarmac I think they called it was a good idea, Far better than some idiots proposing a mass trespass however I think a go slow on a bank holiday weekend would be a far better way of doing things.

The police have so many different ways of tackling motorists (noise, aggressive driving, mot tax etc.etc.) that to start a protest by doing something illeagal in the firts place is just dumb.

Very interesting. :think:

Its probably too late for my idea to work in the UK now anyway.

Over here 4wd Victoria was formed 50 odd years ago so relationships have been built up over decades with local authorities and organizations, long before the ramblers (or green party over here) started their crusade to ban all motor vehicles from the unsurfaced rights of way. :think:

Over here as members of a 4wd club affiliated to 4wd Victoria we get permits to drive certain roads and tracks that are closed to normal people. In particular we get to drive the roads and tracks that are covered in snow high up on the mountains, even though officially the tracks are closed. :icon-cool:

I'm certain that sadly it wont be long before all the lanes in the UK are closed to motor vehicles. I've been of that opinion for quite a few years now, in fact it was one of the reasons I moved over here. :thumbdown:

Get out and enjoy them while you still can! :thumbup:

:icon-rolleyes: :icon-cry: :icon-evil:

Attachments

• stanage edge.jpg
    stanage edge.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 140
stanage%20edge.jpg

That picture is so sad Ben.

Noooooo, mountain bikers (myself included) will be horrified

Bit like work done to gatesgarth pass and the Ickenthwaite axle twister in lakes, gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet all the selfish old bastards around there who have campaigned to have 4x4's and motorbikes banned from all the lanes are over the moon. :icon-rolleyes:

Next they will be installing street lighting! :thumbdown:

And they've got no money to fix pot holes in town :wtf: They think they are protecting their rural way of life where in fact they have alerted the local council to the possibility they might get a grant from central government worth millions to build a completely pointless link road on that lane .

Last edited:
That's ok...at this rate we'll be able to get our laning fix on the way to the post office, winching off lamp posts and engaging lockers to scramble out of potholes you could lose a Mondeo in.

That's ok...at this rate we'll be able to get our laning fix on the way to the post office, winching off lamp posts and engaging lockers to scramble out of potholes you could lose a Mondeo in.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

When I was in dales I read a leaflet. There are over 8000miles of footpaths, 2000miles of bridle way, and about 30miles of byway.

So the antis have 10000miles of paths to use which vehicles cannot and they still get hot and bothered about the 30miles of track vehicles can use and want them banned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oh man, I cant even go here it winds me up so much. I know these trails and more in the peaks like the back of my hand. as a keen mountain biker for the last 15 years I have seen some great trails lost. I was brought up in a village in the peaks called buxworth and to think that these pen pushing life style villagers can make such a..... anyway I do feel your pain..

Sympathies guys... :thumbdown:

My very favorite downhill bike trail over here, from Bucegi circa 2,200m 25km downwards, has been asphalted :wtf:

It's now got white friggin lines and guardrail. no rock jumps, no more drop-offs no technical bits, no nothing. Not happy.

Back