Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CHRIS... I found "may be the best looking 4x4 around" for you !

ugh those rims, :puke-right:
that stone/bug guard,
even that A bar offends my sense of aesthetics,
but aside from that it looks nice and shiny

Very pretty.......needs some work....no wheels, no winch, no height, no...no......nice colour and shiny..

Steve

I shall keep my eye on that one. I have plenty of rims and tyres. Has to be in top condition does that. He is deluded over the looks with those awful wheels on. But that aside - it has considerable promise. I wonder what the reserve is.

Chris

Does look a nice truck. I agree about the alloys but thats no issue to walk away. Hmmmmmm,look good on your drive Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I agree with what has been said.
First job, would be to remove the wheels.
Second job, the bug guard has to come off.
I am guessing it hasn't seen much off road, so the rear locker could well be seized.
The front "A" bar, it's not too bad, I have seen much worse.
It's probably spent time in a paint shop, just before he took the photos to advertise.
It is just "too tidy" and scratch free.
No scuff's on the bumper corners, which is pretty well par for the course, with trucks this size.
On second thoughts, that "A" bar does look a bit iff'y with the lower chromes sets.
The engine appears to most certainly have been washed, and I don't think this may be a true reflection of the condition.
So, makes me think, what else is possibly hiding under that "clay bar" finish, which doesn't really go with an 80 series truck.?
Is the "clay bar" finish a possible distraction from some thing more important than looks?, some thing that a "non-savvy" Land Cruiser purchaser, that would be blinded by the gloss, and completely overlook the mechanicals perhaps?
However, the mechanical s, as we all know, can generally be repaired or replaced far easier than the "tin worm infested body"

Gra.

Attachments

• A bar.jpg
    A bar.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 166
All valid stuff Gra. Fortunately I am not blinded by bling, nor fooled by flummery. I am after a low mileage edition, which this is. I doubt that it really hides a host of horrors but all usual tests would apply. I prefer the other one that I posted, but if this went for sensible money, I could get the vehicle and bu all the shiny accessories for less that the other vehicle by some margin as we were discussing. It doesn't have to be perfect, I am not entering a concourse comp. It just needs to be genuine and tidy. I don't mind doing the work (I think I have demonstrated that) I'd just rather have a break from it and the other one is part done. But, not in a way that would make me wish that I had done it myself. It's all just bolted on. I don't know when I am going to be down Reading way again. I do actually get down there though. I should like a like underneath and at the various paint matches. Lockers aren't that important as I have spares, but it's a point to argue the price on though.

I like the other truck more, but need to see that as well. I don't think ringing him up and saying 'Will you take £11k' is really going to work. I need to turn up, uhm, and ahh, suck my teeth and whack the readies on the bonnet and say nothing.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I think you would have no problem at all in finding any possible fault with this truck.
As nice as the shiny gloss is, I think you would see right past that.

I guess this Maroon truck is about £6,5 ~ £7k tops ?
163,000 miles, about average, ? if your idea of "Low mileage edition" falls into this spectrum, then good.
For me, a November 1996 truck, "Low miles" almost exactly 15 years old, would have less than 100,000
So this a little more, than expected, but not what I would call high by any means, just "Used"

It is nice though.

Gra.

Listing ended ..

So Chris did you buy it 'ol bean? C'mon pics needed!!

WHAT?? It had about 6 days to run..

Bu**er no it wasn't me.

Chris

It looks like we lost some posts there during the forum break out or fall over yesterday.

I posted a few lines, after Olazz, also about you being the "super off the mark buyer"

But the post doesn't appear.

As the next post is one by Chris.

Gra.

Well I sent him a message through e-bay and he never replied. Says relisted due to time wasters. I was sure it had longer to run. Bet he ended early and got let down. I wonder why. It does look extremely tidy and unless it's been collision repaired, I'd dare bet it's straight.

I shall be watching.

Chris

Rule number 1,,,,,,,,,,,,

Don't take it off Ebay until the cash is in your hands.

Gra.

Back