Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chris.

RIP Chris.
Our condolences to Claire and family.

Rodger & Corinne

Although we all knew this was coming, it was always going to be sad to hear. Thank you for letting us know Andy.

Chris and I joined the site here on the same day (24th Feb 2010), I met Chris a few times and it was clear he was passionate about his beloved Land Cruisers, he was always happy to answer questions and share his fount of knowledge.

The matter of fact way he dealt with his 'curved ball' is testament to his strong character.

This place will certainly not be the same without you around here....

RIP Chris and sincere condolences to Claire and his family.

Last edited:
Very sad news. He'll leave a huge void here.

The world has lost an absolute legend of a man.

Rest in peace Big guy. You’ll be sorely missed.

Incredibly sad news, we've known its been coming, but we would never be ready. Thanks for letting us know Andy.

It has been an honour to have Chris as a friend, to have spannered, offroaded, and camped with him over the years; enjoying many late night camp fire chats.

A huge character, a man who mastered many skills, and was generous with them and the knowledge that he amassed.

Chris, you were one in a million, and anyone who ever met you knows why. Your approach to life has always been admiral, none more so than your approach to the illness, the fight you gave and plans you made, we are humbled. We are so grateful to have had the pleasure of your company. You will forever travel with us in our hearts and our minds.

My sincere condolences to Claire and the family. RIP Chris.

Last edited:
RIP Chris. LandCruiser community will miss him.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is the post i dreaded seeing. I had the privilege of meeting Chris and his wife a few years ago, a lovely man who helped a complete stranger with his new cruiser.
I stood on his drive and chatted while he tacked together some rock sliders for me while my two kids nattered with his wife and took his dog for a walk.
Later i bought his rooftop tent and he lifted it onto my roof rack practically single handed, A lovely man an a loss to us all. Rest in peace Chris .

Really sad news, i met Chris few times whenever i attended the gatherings. Larger than life character and always glad to help anyone.
He will be really missed on this forum
RIP big fella and deepest condolences to his loved ones.

I never met Chris, but by all accounts with the feedback here, he was the one of the really good guys. My condolences to his family.

Really sorry to hear the news. Rest in peace Chris. We'll miss you. Our thoughts are with Clare and family. Reinhard and Ginta

So sad to hear this, condolences to his family and may he rest in peace

The time Chris passed away I was in Willow Fields campsite which was the the place I first ran into Chris and few of you after the overland show was cancelled during covid. Chris was so welcoming and helpful. Turned out we were neighbours and after a cup of tea and a long chat in my kitchen. He broke the news about his dignosis. He was so dignified and strong. The last time I saw Chris he was showing me round his truck and trailer and I was so impressed with all the components in his build. I said wow Chris, is there anything you haven't got? To which his reply was "well, until a few months ago, cancer!"
Chris was and always will be a legend! Because even in passing he still makes me smile.

RIP Buddy

Andy

RIP Chris you will be so missed

Hi very sorry to hear it he will be missed conditions to Clare and family RIp Chris.

Rest in peace Chris, my condolences to the family.

I'd been off the forum for a while until last year when I bought my 200, and was sad to read Chris's post where he explained his diagnosis. We never did meet in person but spoke on here quite a few times as I joined right at the start of the club with my 80. Life can be tough, you have to make the most of the good bits.

Have been off the commuinity as no longer have a Land Cruiser, just heard the news. Chris, rest in peace and our condolences from the mountains.

Sorry to hear, and condolences. Knowing that our handshake at Stratton Arms would be the last, it struck me that his attitude towards the situation was particularly considerate of those around him. He shall be missed.

I've been trying to write this for the last hour, but I can't seem to put the words together. All I can say is in the time I've known Chris, he was a true gentleman, had time for anyone and gave me some fantastic advice. I will never forget the first time we met through the forum in real life. He spent an hour driving out of his way to show me around his Landcruiser, then spent another hour with me asking "stupid" questions and then when I produced a bottle of Whiskey to say thankyou spent another 10 minutes with him trying to refuse the gift. Then he spent another 30 minutes looking around my new Landcruiser and giving me a list of "things I'd do" jobs.
I know this community and the world is going to be worst off because he isn't around. Just wish I'd have the pleasure of a crazy adventure with Chris. I'll be having a glass of Whiskey tonight, and I can tell you that.

Back