Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chris.

I have noticed his absence from the forum and when the "Check List" thread was posted early this morning I thought to myself that might prompt an answer from Chris . Heartfelt condolences to the family .

As mentioned a mountain of a man, that made an impression on you immediately.

An inspirational figure. RIP Chris.

Not really sure what to say here, other than RIP Chris. A huge loss to the forum but a much bigger one to the Family he has left behind. Thoughts and condolences go to them at this sad time.

A very sad post to read. He has inspired, taught and helped so many folk. Knowledgeable, no nonsense and hilarious humour. To have faced his illness head on with humour, humility and bravery is very much a measure of the man. Thoughts to Claire and the family, gone but definitely won't be forgotten, rest easy Fella.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What a sad day.

His passing will leave a large hole, in all respects, in the UK Land Cruiser world.

A thoroughly nice chap, a fountain of knowledge of all things Land Cruiser and the previous owner of my 80.

What a shi77y bit of news the bloke has legendary status in my mind a fountain of knowledge huge sense of humour mountain of a man and a huge driving force for the membership and not forgetting a family man my thoughts go out to Claire and family

Thanks for sharing the sad news we all unfortunately expected, but hoped wouldn't come. Here, we have a wonderful tradition of celebrating the life that has gone, with drink and stories and even laughter, long into the night. Its the Irish way of coping with loss and not dwelling on the sadness too much.. I hope that forum members will find ways to do this for Chris. He certainly deserves it.

RIP big fella.

my thoughts are with his loved ones. its the ones left behind who continue to feel the pain.

My heart sank when seeing the title of this, RIP Chris

Terrible news. Had some great times with Chris he will truly be missed by many.

Wish his family strength in this terrible time.

Oh dear; we all knew it was coming but that doesn't make it any easier. I never met Chris but felt I had got to know him over the years, his various exploits, advice, drive and humour will be with us for a long time. He cast a long shadow and his memory will remain with us.

RIP Chris and condolences to his family and legion of friends.

Bob.

Very sad news indeed. Sympathy and condolences to his family.

Nick

Very sorry to hear this... Rest in peace Chris.
Thoughts and condolences to his family.

Really sorry to read this. He's going to be missed.

I'm back in the exact same spot where I first met Chris six years ago. The news hit us just as we rolled into Stratford. There may not be many here this year but his presence can still be felt by all. A monumental loss. Our thoughts are with him and his family.

So saddened to hear this.
May he rest in peace, no more pain.

Back