Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

clarkson

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
when i watched the top gear Bolivia special i realised Clarkson believes landrover make the best 4x4's. :roll:

just watched this video where he compares an 80 series, G wagon and a rangerover. guess which one he thinks is the best. :doh:

even when he takes them off road at the end he still thinks the range rover is best.

80 series and G wagon = 3 diff locks.

rangerover =1 centre diff lock. :thumbdown:

[youtube:34cz4uqm]YhdfmZYR3ow[/youtube:34cz4uqm]

He changed his mind when the 100 series came out

I met a car sales guy who had sold Clarkson "two Amazons." However, he now opts for the bling-y range rovers.

I own and have owned Land Cruisers, Land Rovers, Range Rovers, Willys, and G-Wagen, and I'm operating safaris in the middle of nowhere. Off-road because there are no roads there.

The Land Cruiser can't be beaten for common-sense safari business: reliable, solid, parts available. The G-Wagen is built like a tank, and reliable too, but parts are priced slightly above the current gold market prices - and hard to come by in Africa.

But... The car I still prefer is the Range Rover. Unreliable piece of crap, needs constant attentions, finds curses at the bottom of yourself that you did not even know existed, and yet... By far the best ride, and gets you through places where a Cruiser would not even attempt unless fully locked (remember, most Cruisers do NOT have factory front/rear locks).

One of these days I'm going to stick a 1HZ with its tranny into a Classic Rangie, and then I'll have a really big grin...

Tried a Range Rover once. Had to wind the window down to put my arm through so that I could shut the door. Thought "Well I'm not driving around like that" and walked out of the dealers. Might be a great vehicle, but no good in the Winter with my elbow out in the snow.

Maybe it's ok in a warmer climate. But here in the UK I shall be sticking with a car that is bigger on the inside.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back