Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Club meets, laning and Lincomb

im definelty on this trip,spoken to Karl today just waiting to get some confirmation on who when and where,i think me,karl and dave will meet at lincomb on friday evening so we will be ready for the off Sat morning,looking forward to abit of wild camping on the sat night.

what sort of stuff should i bring ??remember never beeb before. :thumbup:

where are we looking to finish on the sunday?

cheers gary

Jon Wildsmith said:
I will have to let you know when I know Gav but it won't be in Kington, I said near it
Nay snags chief - I was just eyeballing the pubs in Kington the other night on Google maps; they look very pleasant ;)

Graham said:
We could probably drive down together on early Saturday morning.
Aye, no snags Graham. I'll be hitting the M53 at Clatterbridge at 06:00 prompt & then (mainly) heading down the A483 towards the meet point. I'll be aiming to grab a couple of sausage & egg McMuffins at that stop just after Wrexham if I remember the turning in time...

I don't think that route is of use to Karl & Dave though... However, from Gary's post, it looks like there's a few Lincombers on the books now :cool:

Gary Mead said:
where are we looking to finish on the sunday?
I'm hoping to finish around Betws-y-coed Gary - we can plan the lanes around what time folk want/need to head home & then judge that for an early start on Sunday...

Gary Mead said:
what sort of stuff should i bring??
Warm clothes, strong coffee & a bottle of your favourite hooch!!! I think between us, we'll have sufficient stoves & things to cook up whatever people bring along for Saturday night - I have a Trangia & I know Rob has one of those Coleman stoves that I desire so much :mrgreen: ; someone could even throw in a couple of those disposable bbq's if folk want to get fancy ;) I'll bring a tarpaulin in case its rainy - we can stretch it between a couple of trucks... I think that we'll have plenty of recovery gear between us so don't worry too much on that count.

Right, off for some charlie now - its our wedding anniversary today... Some folk have got less time for murder...

What was that, sorry dear... Just coming now...

Jon Wildsmith said:
Who is definately coming then? Do you have a roof tent? Snorkel? MT's?
Sorry Jon, forgot to add my detail...
Yup, I is there :cool:
Nope, rooftent
Yup, schnorkel
Yup, MT's (ex. RIP90 IYRC :lol: )

To my knowledge (& apologies for missing anyone), this would be the roll call to date:
Jon
Karl - Friday camp @ Lincomb
Dave - Friday camp @ Lincomb
Chas - Friday camp @ Lincomb
Gary - Friday camp @ Lincomb
Rob - Saturday Slacker...
Graham - Saturday Slacker...
Gav - Saturday Slacker...

I will drive down on the early Saturday morning, meeting up with Gav, in the middle of the night ( 6am ) :o

I have a snorkel
I have the muds still on,
I have took off the roof tent. - Just killed the fuel economy.
I not too fussed how deep the mud and water is, but I don't like scratchy, scratchy.

I am quite likley, not staying over the Saturday night, and laning again on Sunday.
Sunday will be busy.

Graham

I will defo be there. Gav, Have you got a postcode for where we will be setting off from on the sun as a lad from off the forum is talking about coming but he needs to know where Name,postcode and time would be good
karl

We can arrange to meet just about anywhere/anytime en route on Sunday once we know where we're likely to be camping on Saturday night dude.

Whats the crack with Dave at this stage BTW? Only asking as an idea for numbers really...

At things float at the mo, confirmed for a camp in the woods are:
You (Karl)
Me (Gav)
Rob (Ironside)
Gary (Virginal)

If we are hunkering down halfway along Strata on Saturday night (only as a known spot... If anyone knows a better slot shout now!!!), we parked four trucks on there t'other week with ease. Another couple would be just dandy...

Anyone checked the weathercast yet BTW???

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dave is letting me know tomoz either way mate. Hope he comes tho, be a right laugh.
Weather dont know be fun whatever the weather. I will have to let ryan know tomoz on where and when so he can plan i expect. Hes v8 on here i think.
karl

Yeah, flingers clossed...

C'mon V8, get yourself out in the open ;)

Better here than on the Dark Side

Be nice to have gander at your truck BTW - interested in that sh!t you threw on your bumper etc etc :cool:

Your not wrong there. Mine is slightly better than your g string one tho :dance: :clap:

It all depends upon what audience you are trying to attract my friend... ;)

If time permits tomorrow, I might try a few enhancements to Muxleys Winch Thong... :lol:

Ok, who is going to lead group 2 and how do you want to split? Did Rob say he'd lead a group and is he still coming?

I recall Jim saying he'd lead a group... But he ain't coming now - looser... :lol:

So whats the attendee list for Saturday then Jon? Below is my synopsis... I'm sure Rob is still coming but not for the Friday night camp.

Jon (what no soupercharger)
Karl (Big Bumper)
Dave (TBC)
Chas (Whaaaat!!!)
Gary (still in white)
Rob (Ironside)
Graham (No Scratchy)
Gav (Red & black you say...)

Have I missed anyone? Gary Stockton & Renate did express interest originally but haven't posted since...

I'll have a punt at hanging out in front of a group so long as I have a few pointers about the route beforehand... Would we follow the same route but a few minutes behind?

Gav Peter said:
Would we follow the same route but a few minutes behind?
I'd just re-order the lanes a bit and stager the start but if there were a couple of people with a snorkel, muds, no RT and don't mind scratches we could also nip along some of the back lanes to give you more of a head start :thumbup:

Gav Peter said:
Jon (what no soupercharger)
Karl (Big Bumper)
Dave (TBC)
Chas (Whaaaat!!!)
Gary (still in white)
Rob (Ironside)
Graham (No Scratchy)
Gav (Red & black you say...)
What do you mean (Whaaaat!!!)

Jon Wildsmith said:
people with a snorkel, muds, no RT and don't mind scratches
putting me & Muxley squarely in the frame not to lead a second group...

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Gav Peter":66x1fs4z]Would we follow the same route but a few minutes behind?
I'd just re-order the lanes a bit and stager the start but if there were a couple of people with a snorkel, muds, no RT and don't mind scratches we could also nip along some of the back lanes to give you more of a head start :thumbup:[/quote:66x1fs4z]

Well, a delayed start for 30 mins, would give more time to get down there for 'group 2'
With muds,
With snorkel
No scratches

Gav Peter said:
[quote="Jon Wildsmith":66x1fs4z]people with a snorkel, muds, no RT and don't mind scratches
putting me & Muxley squarely in the frame not to lead a second group...[/quote:66x1fs4z]

If I was running an old LC, sure I wouldn't be too bothered about the overgrown lanes.
However, when I was out last Sunday, all but 1 lane gave lots of side room, and only once, did I have to lean out the window to 'hold at bay' a rather sctatch intent branch / twig.

Graham

Back