Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Club meets, laning and Lincomb

Jon Wildsmith said:
Ok, who is going to lead group 2 and how do you want to split? Did Rob say he'd lead a group and is he still coming?
Yes I am coming, sorry about not posting much been busy.

To answer your previous questions Jon:
I have snorkel
I have roof tent
I dont have MTs but have ATs with 3 difflocks and a winch.

Rob said:
Memory maps with GPS working ;)
"He's a leader, he's a leader, he's a leader of the pack oh yeah..."

You must let us know how you managed that sometime dude ;)

Sorry forgot to mention, I am a "saturday slacker" as Gav stated

I think Ryan ( V8 ) on the dark side will be comming in his 80

Graham

Are more guys going on Saturday lanes, or more on Sunday lanes ?

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry to disappoint you all, but I won't be coming this week-end :cry: , I've had a stinking cold all week and there's no sign of it clearing up, my head feels like it's been in an oven and my nose is like a dripping tap so I thought I would be kind to you all and not infect you :silent:

Sorry to hear that Chaz - best wishes for a speedy recovery.

With regard to Chaz pulling out & from other discussions, the roll call for Saturday now looks a little littler...

Jon, Karl, Gary, Rob, Graham, Gav

Karl & Gary have indicated camping at Lincomb on Friday night whilst the rest of us are Saturday Glory Boys :music-rockout:

Would six be suitable for one group Jon?

For info: me, Rob, Karl & Gary are looking at wild camping on Saturday night. We're going to be joined by Dave & Ryan on the Sunday for some lanes around North Wales once we sort a rendezvous point. Likely to be around Betsw-y-coed at the moment so we might have a bit of a drive after we have left Jon's duty of care on Saturday afternoon/evening unless we can find a nice grassy spot on Jon's route...

If anybody is taking a Garmin I'd be keen to get the tracks once you are done - mark the bits where a roof-top tent may be damaged ;) .

I've just been out & bought half a dozen OS maps Simon - none of this poncy Garmin rubbish :p

If you're ever heading up to North Wales, drop 'us norverners' a line - we might come out to play :cool:

Gav Peter said:
I've just been out & bought half a dozen OS maps Simon - none of this poncy Garmin rubbish :p

If you're ever heading up to North Wales, drop 'us norverners' a line - we might come out to play :cool:

:lol: Well in that case evening recording a starting waypoint will do so I don't drive into the Irish sea :lol:

SimonD said:
If anybody is taking a Garmin I'd be keen to get the tracks once you are done - mark the bits where a roof-top tent may be damaged ;) .
We will be missing out the tight ones to keep their accomodation in one piece :lol: and not everyone has a snorkel so we'll avoid the fords and river crossing that can get a bit deep this time of weather ;)

Gav Peter said:
Would six be suitable for one group Jon?
It's still more than I'd like so as Rob has volunteered to navigate we'd still split if everyone turns up and I'll just take my group a slightly different route ;)

Will the lanes that the Saturday guys do, be different or the same that the Sunday guys will do?

I am tied up on Sunday, so I put my name for Saturday, but I also want to go Sunday.

What to do ?????????

Graham

I don't know what they're doing on Sunday Graham and I'm not sure they do either :lol:

we cant make the saturday but can make the trip to north wales on sunday.so if anybody can give us a rough meeting point and time that would be good thanks

Graham said:
Will the lanes that the Saturday guys do, be different or the same that the Sunday guys will do?
We don't know what we're doing on Saturday yet :p

I think we're heading/plan to head norther from Jon's route...

Jon Wildsmith said:
I don't know what they're doing on Sunday Graham and I'm not sure they do either :lol:
Damn right we don't!!!

Got a sh!t load of maps though & I know where I want to go so we're nearly there!!!

dave b said:
we cant make the saturday but can make the trip to north wales on sunday.so if anybody can give us a rough meeting point and time that would be good thanks
Dave, I'm hoping the wild campers will be up for a relatively early start as there may be a few miles to cover on tarmac from the end of Jon's route on the Sunday.

At the moment, there's 6 trucks lined up for Sunday. I think most of the lanes will accomodate that volume but we will probably need to split up for one or two...

As regards a start point, Jon is sending out his route so hopefully we can organise tomorrow.

Va bene

Gav tells me no one is stopping at Lincomb now and we're all meeting at the pub up the road from Kington? Just want to check that because it'll save me going out of my way :)

Back