Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Code B1153... Help

This import complete with Highway Maintenance stripes @Higgy?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/173609439538

Vastly optimistic asking price but looks OK and around the corner.
Thanks for that Jacob.. That is right up my street.. Not much in the way of description tho.. and yes a bit optimistic with the price .. But low mileage... sort of work horse im after.. Not into the LED scene. I guess they are warning flashing light type things... Cheers for that.. I wonder if it comes with the reg..

Gotta be worth a look. Looks like the tailgate was set up for a swing out spare wheel, now gone. The tail lights usually also appear on the lower tailgate so I wonder what’s occurred there? Maybe they omit these if it’s supplied with a swing out?

If you get it and don’t want the orange flashy lights I’d probably be able to give them a home if you decide to take them off. :)

Gotta be worth a look. Looks like the tailgate was set up for a swing out spare wheel, now gone. The tail lights usually also appear on the lower tailgate so I wonder what’s occurred there? Maybe they omit these if it’s supplied with a swing out?

If you get it and don’t want the orange flashy lights I’d probably be able to give them a home if you decide to take them off. :)
Iv tried getting hold of him, and sent him emails.(no reply).MOT history looks good. Just wanted a bit more info regarding service history/ cam belt changes/ RUST, etc... Looks like the REG comes with it. Not that im interested. Just cant be asked with all that plate swapping nonsense... Id like to have a look tomorrow.. says open sunday. The blingy lights are yours. Not the one on the roof tho.:lol:

Iv tried getting hold of him, and sent him emails.(no reply).MOT history looks good. Just wanted a bit more info regarding service history/ cam belt changes/ RUST, etc... Looks like the REG comes with it. Not that im interested. Just cant be asked with all that plate swapping nonsense... Id like to have a look tomorrow.. says open sunday. The blingy lights are yours. Not the one on the roof tho.:lol:

Cheers. Good luck with it. I didn’t see the light bar on the roof and I’d probably have no room for it anyway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I thought it had your name on it. Bumpers, wheels, bodywork etc look remarkably clean for an 18 year old work vehicle in white. Let us know what the story is when you get hold of him.

I thought it had your name on it. Bumpers, wheels, bodywork etc look remarkably clean for an 18 year old work vehicle in white. Let us know what the story is when you get hold of him.
Going out for a day round Chatham dock yard!! Hes open on Sundays so just gonna turn up unannounced.. Hope its on the fourcourt...

Looks like a thriving concern on Streetview. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 15.55.28.png

They look like the need to sell a few motors.... 'Git yer hands out yer pockets,'... Southerners eh!
Went to see it today.. Mmm!. solid enough truck. tatty round the edges, typical 2nd hand car dealer.. but nice enough bloke . wanted to give me nothing for my 120 .. so I asked how much he would come down for cash.. he just kept saying it was worth 10 grand.. he would not budge.. Its worth 6 grandish I reckon because of low mileage. but that's about it. It was filthy inside no effort was made to clean it.. Crisp packets ,sweet wrappers every where. brake light out, fuel filter light on , no brackets for spare wheel.. He didn't seem bothered if he sold it or not.. It was pissing down with rain so I couldn't have a good crawl underneath.. so that's it really.

I guess you could make him your best offer for cash and when he rejects it leave it on the table. It’s Worth what someone will pay at the end of the day. Gotta see it on a dry day first and check everything works. If he’s in no hurry to sell, at 10 grand nobody should be in any hurry to buy it.

I guess you could make him your best offer for cash and when he rejects it leave it on the table. It’s Worth what someone will pay at the end of the day. Gotta see it on a dry day first and check everything works. If he’s in no hurry to sell, at 10 grand nobody should be in any hurry to buy it.
I know what you mean.. My Missus said..'This garage has got, Do not buy a car from me' Written all over it.. I really want to stick to a Private seller from now on. It does limit the availability but im getting a bit sick of the second hand car dealers.. A few of the cars on his four court had flat tyres, and crisp packets on the back seats. I mean 'come on'..

Presentation clearly isn’t his strong side. I take it he didn’t have much to say about its background then?

Very few car dealers are enthusiasts, the guy I bought my 100 and my 120 is the nearest I have come to one. Both Cruisers took me about a minute to make up my mind.
To a dealer its just another item of stock, take it or leave it, no time for picky enthusiasts nit picking with technical questions. I'm sure the dealer we went to see that LC5 rolled his eyes when we turned up in a smart LC4 and knew it wouldn't result in a sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-TOY...=item3faf102a71:g:up4AAOSwmZJbmcYb:rk:43:pf:0 I made some enquiries about this one. its been on ebay a while.. He phoned me and said have the cash ready il deliver it tomorrow. I had to tell him to hold his horses.. He wont reveal reg number.. I only asked if it was still for sale... Pushy or wot

Ha! That place is hilarious Higgy. I slow down every time I’m going to down the A1 to have a good look. They were trying for years to flog a Patrol with the longest and worst MoT history I have ever seen. I think three out of four tyres were punctured in one of the photos. Recently they’ve had an LJ70 on French plates on for something like £12,500. It’s an absolute tip that place.

Ha! That place is hilarious Higgy. I slow down every time I’m going to down the A1 to have a good look. They were trying for years to flog a Patrol with the longest and worst MoT history I have ever seen. I think three out of four tyres were punctured in one of the photos. Recently they’ve had an LJ70 on French plates on for something like £12,500. It’s an absolute tip that place.
That's canny.. I remember that Patrol, they must have been trying to sell it for over a year. Il avoid I think..:thumbdown:

@Higgy What's your budget and where do you live?
It all depends what I get for the 120, iv got a little bit more in cash to add too it but I think im on the cusp of not enough for a very very good one .. My budget seems to point at Tatty, or high mileage, or both.. Luckily at the moment im busy with boat work at the Marina.. so I can put trailer work on hold for the moment. Im in Sandwich Kent.

Back