Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado 3.0 TD GX 5dr Auto (2000)

SteveJo

Country Flag
uk
Just seen a Land Cruiser Colorado 3.0 TD GX 5dr Auto (2000) for sale looks a1 condition £4500

SUSPENSION LIFT.BUILT IN REMOTE WINCH...SPENT £3000 ON ENGINE AND BOX..BF GOODRICH TYRES..CB RADIO ETC,

Any advice on this model as an overlander is the 3L up to the job? I will be towing expedition trailer.

I use a 95 with the 1KZTE engine as an overlander, and it suits my needs perfectly for my annual trips to Morocco.

Modifications on mine a very limited, being very close to standard. I have a slight suspension lift on the rear, AT tyres, I have taken out all the rear seats, installed a load platform for my equipment and have a full size roof rack that I don't really use at the moment. So far I have done 5 trips and over 20k miles in it without any major issues from the trips themselves. I've fixed and replaced wear and tear items as necessary, so far, clutch, suspension dampers, bushes etc. Light weight seems to make it a great success and I've just weighed my it for this years trip and fully loaded with spare fuel, water food and camping gear I put about 200kgs of kit in for a trip, less the weight of the rear seats I've taken out and I don't think it weighs a lot more than a standard car.

On the Morocco trip we've just finished we had 6 80's and a 75 in the group and there was nothing we all couldn't get though, several of the others on the trip commented how impressed they were with the 95's performance.

Personally I wouldn't take a trailer on a trip as I can get everything I need and more in the vehicle for 2 people. A trailer is just going to add extra strain if you don't really need it

Back