Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado standard diff lock in a landcruiser 90

NickoIrl

Hi guys! . Just wondering...my jeep is a standard lwb cruiser. Is it possible to put the diff lock from the colorado into mine?? would be a suitable alternative to an arb diff lock as they are fairly expensive!

If you have a LWB 90, isn't that a Colorado/Prado already with a centre diff???

Sorry if that sounds obtuse - its late, I'm tired & this needs more info :oops:

It's not a JEEP!

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK, there is clearly some location specific stuff going on here. Apols for calling it a Jeep accepted by the way. THAT is a Colorado. Now it should really have an electric rear diff lock and a mechanical centre diff lock. But, being Irish, I think that you don't get the rear locker. You can put an ARB rear locker in there yes.
Can you put a standard Colorado electric locker in there? No. Well yes you can, but you think that an ARB is pricey!!!
Firstly the axle is actually a different shape, generally and doesn't have the cut out to take the diff with the locking mechanism. Then you need the electrics to fire the locker. These have to integrate with the 4x4 ECU. Then you have to consider the fact thay your porbably have an LSD which need the whole diff from another 90 to work with the electric locker,
OK, you can frig all of that to make it work, but honestly, I see going with the ARB as your option. You also get a stronger carrier too.

Chris

Re: Colorado standard diff lock in a landcruiser

new colorado full complete axle on way for cruiser

Chris said:
It's not a JEEP!

Chris

well, actually......

Mitsi licensed the willys jeep and built it. Toyota [strike:38sjqsxl]copied[/strike:38sjqsxl] created a similar vehicle to the Mitsi jeep for the original model. The rest is history as they say.

So it's a "FAKE" JEEP ;)

*runs for cover*

It's not about who created it first, it's about who does it better!!

How many people drive round the world in a Jeep compared to a Landcruiser..... not many.

Sounds like a perfect excuse for an airlocker to me!

You're new so you have an excuse. Just don't do it again. :lol: :lol:

In terms of the vehicle being a jeep, that's plausible, it's a generic description. But in terms of it being a Jeep - that's a brand

The name Jeep comes from Popeye, of course.

Welcome Ed by the way.

Chris

Back