Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Coloured spots on coil springs ....

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
This isn't really a tech question so i'll put it here (if that's ok??

Is there a reason why there's coloured spots on the coil springs .....

these marks are on all four of my coils ...

10411312_399127506893101_4696272638361420813_n.jpg

Its the spring rate for that particukar spring buddy, the colours are a code.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Its the spring rate for that particukar spring buddy, the colours are a code.

arrrr ......
is there any way to find out what the code/rate is ???

Ive never found one if there is...lol its a closely guarded secret... ive only had experience of it with the mercs but with them it wont give you the actual numbers just a series of colour codes to match up with.

The link I posted doesn't seem to be any more helpful, having read it now...:doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Clive ... that link has just made my brain sore .... cheers m8 .. lol

Cavanmick ... it would be very handy infoif we could actually get the numbers so it would be easier to get the spring rate we wanted ....

ON a similar note (but of no use to decoding your springs), I recently bought OEM springs for my 2001 100 VX and they come with two options a pink and purple mark similar to the square on yours. In the Cruiser ones the purple are slightly longer and therefore heavier duty. I am told they were for vehicles with the reserve tank fitted. I opted for the purple as I have LPG tank fitted in the rear.
The mark is very small and difficult to notice initially.

Ken

Old thread and Ken has not been on this forum since Feb 2017...

ON a similar note (but of no use to decoding your springs), I recently bought OEM springs for my 2001 100 VX and they come with two options a pink and purple mark similar to the square on yours. In the Cruiser ones the purple are slightly longer and therefore heavier duty. I am told they were for vehicles with the reserve tank fitted. I opted for the purple as I have LPG tank fitted in the rear.
The mark is very small and difficult to notice initially.
Ken

Hi Ken
Is your truck AHC or non Automatic Height Control.
Thank you.
Sean
Anyhow, pink, purple or brown paint dot is for the AHC springs. Pink is useless, purple is OK and brown is for most of us stock ahc 100 owners.

Toyota are only offering Pink and Purple. Brown is not available or not being offered as an option.
I have no idea why.
I am referring to the main dealership here in Northern Ireland.
They did say there were 4 options but two of those were for non AHC trucks, leaving the Pink and Purple options.

Back