Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

combination meter issues

4 Paw Drive

Country Flag
scotland
hi,

having some issues with the combination meter/ instrument panel. Suddenly it the fuel gauge, odometer and speedo have stop working. have done the usual checked every fuse on the truck, put a new alternator in and still nothing. looking for any ideas or failing that an auto spark in the central Scotland area that might know his way around the hundy.
any suggestions or pointers gladly accepted.

4 Paw Drive

What year and version is your 100? (and put that in your signature line, please)
Depending on your answer, you might have fuses in 4 locations. Other than that, a hot tip is the plug for the engine ecu: Check it for corrosion. Especially if you have ever had the windscreen changed.

uHu

She's a 2001 4.2l auto right hand drive, original windscreen, where would the engine ECU be located?
dont mind the mechanical stuff ut the electrickery side of it is step way beyond my understanding.

Thanks for the reply.

4 Paw Drive

Engine ecu is behind the glove box.
A 2001 would have fuses in 3 locations, left kick panel, engine room fusebox (2 lids I believe) and one on the fusible link block hanging off one battery terminal. In addition, you have all the plugs for the dashboard behind the rhs kick panel. Any water in there could do some harm. Causes for that could be e.g. blocked sun roof drain or a bad seal around the antenna cable.

uHu,

is there any eletrical relationship between the odometer, fuel gauge, rev counter and speedometer out side of the combination meter.
Just wondering if they share a relay or something that might be causing the joint problem.
Have pushed and pulled every plug I can get my hands on and no joy so far.

thanks

4 paw drive

Back