Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Corsica 2012

munster

Just a few pics from our trip to Corsica in May/June this year we went with Atlas Overland for the Corsica part of the trip but also spent two week in France which was aslso very good .There is a full report in 4X4 Magazine October and November Edtions, which also include some picture of my cruiser. I would recomend Corsica we had a great time there the tracks were good and the people friendly. Corsica 826 (2136 x 1424).jpgCorsica 090.jpgCorsica 158.jpgCorsica 365.jpgCorsica 386.jpgCorsica 610.jpgCorsica 804.jpgCorsica 846.jpgCorsica 878.jpgCorsica 1041.jpgCorsica 080.jpg

Looks good, thanks for posting the pics.
How long is the crossing from France?

That's a really good photo shoot.
I like the idea of the long winding roads, some thing gentle, good countryside views.

Gra.

That looks stunning. Scenery not bad either

Chris

Looks like a fun trip! I am going to have to stop working and go on hols in the summer!
Steve

This looks really good. Thanks for posting these. I was thinking of doing this trip next year. I read the article and the only thing that struck me was the amount of vehicles (8 guests I think + 2 from Atlas). I haven't done this before but some other companies seem to limit this to 6 guests vehicles. Did you find this an issue in terms of having to wait for the stragglers to get ready in the morning or lots of breaks to take pictures and so on, hence getting behind schedule, less driving time etc...?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The boat over to Corsica leaves early evening around 6pm and arrives about 8 am in corsica, the 8 guests + 2 guides works out better than going with others with 6 as you are split up into 2 groups 4+1 so non of problems. A few more picsCorsica 584.jpgCorsica 723.jpgCorsica 745.jpgCorsica 921.jpgCorsica 769.jpgCorsica 628.jpgCorsica 1324.jpgCorsica 1354.jpgCorsica 1478.jpgCorsica 1213.jpg

Looks fab Munster. Could you drive freely on the beaches?

Thanks Munster. That is reassuring. The splitting into 2 groups looks like a good idea.

The beaches we went on had no restrictions ,there are alot of tracks all over the island leading down to beaches, which when you get there are deserted. There are also a lot of 4x4 local groups out and about enjoying themselves, with very little restriction not like here in the U.K

Looks great, went there about 20yrs ago on family holiday. Nice island and big mountains. Remember mtb on some nice trails

pics look great munster and a nice read in the magazine! its chalked down as a trip we are going to try and do in a year or two! thanks for sharing!

We were chatting to some neighbours on a site in France this summer who had done that trip last year I think and said how good it was. Then in Italy we were chatting to a Dutch couple who were on their way to Corsica (not 4x4) and been going for many years again saying how nice it is :think: The Dutch couple said getting the ferry from Livorno in Italy was the best way to get there.

Livorno would be a quicker crossing if your suffer from sea sickness , my other half suffers badly with it but we were lucky on the marseille to bastia and return Porto-vecchio to marseille
as it was flat carm in both directions so she didnt suffer. You would also in this day and age have to consider the extra fuel involved to get to Livorno ,but could do it as a circular trip and come back bastia to marseille. As im typing this im begining to like this idea will have to do some investigation into this as would love to go back to Corsica and love going to Italy (food wine weather):think: i like this:icon-idea:

I think the Italians will be having to put up with us again next year, not sure if oh will brave the ferry to Corsica just yet, have to work on that or do a solo trip.

Back