Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruiser das are over

J66P

Well the cruiser days are done for me, been good but have to say have never quite got hold of me like my previous brand (Jeep)

I have a new VW Amarok Dual Cab Pick up on order for laning and caravan pulling and have got mslef a pay and play toy for things a little more severe, also just in the process of sorting a Grand Cherokee V6 for the missus

Dual Cab will be same as this, same colour and same hard top

SnugTop.jpg

and my new P & P toy

Picture3318.jpg

Those amaroks are huuuuge, an american sized pickup - my mates bought one, he can get a 1000kg pallet in the back.

Ive seen that Ka before, not sure where though.

Sorry to see you go.

Pete

good luck with the Amarok, the reports aren't good! (That was from the Hilux Forum though!)

What's the KA sitting on top of then? :icon-smile:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anorak's seem to be doing OK over here in Australia, certainly a lot more around than I'd seen in the UK.

Are the Gypsy's using them yet, or are they still using Range Rover Sports and various Toyota's? That's always the teller, because those guys know what works and doesn't, and will tell the dealer's if they're not!

Last edited:
Sad to see you leave, I guess your profile will soon be deleted from the forum given the news so I hope this message reaches you in time.

It's a thought I have often had, do I really need a Landcruiser for what I want to do? The answer is no I guess I don't but I like driving it and whilst I can still afford to do so will continue on. When the time comes and I'm sure it will like you I will also plump for a double cab as it offers all that I need with better fuel consumption.

My next move is to bio as soon as I can get up to Nathan and discuss how it all operates.

I hear the new ford is getting rave reviews back in SA if you have not driven one it might be worth doing do.

All the best and many more miles and smiles.

I drove the 3.0l ford in SA in January and its very good but lots of electronics to go wrong I think. did a fair few dirt tracks and was holding its own. I just don't think that any modern car would like the water crossings that much. The amarok look very nice and time will tell if you can put a 2l engine in a pick up, good bhp and torque so we will have to see, I also think they are the best looking double cab on the market at the min. they just don't have the history behind them yet. another good one is meant to be the rodeo.
good luck with the VW.
stu

Why would his profile be deleted ?
The cruiser may be gone but the mods and repairs carried out on it are still relevant and may prove helpful to the next owner or others .

A Sportak IIRC

not quite, right brand though....well for some of it

Fourtrak (Chassis, engine and box), bit of several others LJ70 (front axle), Shogun (rear axle), part Rusty Rover suspension

good luck with the Amarok, the reports aren't good! (That was from the Hilux Forum though!)

thats just because they are threatened by a bit of german engineering, the guys on the Amarok forum love em................they ma be bias though

I hear the new ford is getting rave reviews back in SA if you have not driven one it might be worth doing do.

All the best and many more miles and smiles.

I would have had the Ranger had the been able to supply a little bit better than next April / May. The fuel consumption is rubbish compared to the VW though

Shiny :icon-cool: Letting the ol' plate go with it then?!

Back