Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruisers and their equals

Well there’s a hidden list in this post Mike..
First, I didn’t know I was Mr January 2018, I haven’t been ‘home’ to Bucharest since they were posted out, so that’s a great surprise :dance: thanks!

Don’t get me wrong, when I say wimpish I’m comparing it with any of the ‘Cruisers, and neither the panda nor the freelander do (IMO). There’s a lot which are good in this league too, the lada niva is another...

I forgot to add my 6/years experience with a Terrano. It was quite capable, no question, but it had a lot of shabby plastic, and the turbo died after 2 years from new... Again, a genuine 4x4 and quite comfy, but it simply doesn’t compare with any of the ‘Cruiser stable.

Did you have a Freelander too?
Noooooo! Have i ruined the surprise for you clive? No, never had a gaylander..
you know im only joking.:thumbup:

I completely agree. Watch more or less any top gear and it's just a rolling Landrover advert, it gets a bit tiring that they constantly sing the praises of the brummie tractor.
Brand new models, straight off the assembly line racing tanks and all manner of other vehicles is all well and good, let's see them 10-15 years down the road with their leaky air suspension and electrical gremlins and you'll find the thing they can't outrun is the MOT tester.
I had a series III 109 for a while (I was young, I didn't know better and none of my friends talked me out of it) it was shite. The one long journey I did was a drive from Beds to Teesside had 1 breakdown and was so uncomfortable I arrived feeling like I'd been beaten up and raped.
I'd gladly take my 80 to the end of the world and know I'd arrive in somewhat better shape.
The same can be said about most modern cars i think HW.

I completely agree. Watch more or less any top gear and it's just a rolling Landrover advert, it gets a bit tiring that they constantly sing the praises of the brummie tractor.
Brand new models, straight off the assembly line racing tanks and all manner of other vehicles is all well and good, let's see them 10-15 years down the road with their leaky air suspension and electrical gremlins and you'll find the thing they can't outrun is the MOT tester.
I had a series III 109 for a while (I was young, I didn't know better and none of my friends talked me out of it) it was shite. The one long journey I did was a drive from Beds to Teesside had 1 breakdown and was so uncomfortable I arrived feeling like I'd been beaten up and raped.
I'd gladly take my 80 to the end of the world and know I'd arrive in somewhat better shape.

That was a brute of a truck, metal interior, leaf springs, what a nightmare! I had to use a 110 Defender for 4 years, and even that wasn’t comfy, by any stretch...

Noooooo! Have i ruined the surprise for you clive? No, never had a gaylander..
you know im only joking.:thumbup:

Not at all...

I’m really chuffed (if it’s true of course, don’t know now, if you’re joking :think:) and somewhat peeved that after all Cris’ efforts, I haven’t been home to see the calendar yet.

Still, I’ll be back in Bucharest on 5th so looking forward to hanging it up :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not at all...

I’m really chuffed (if it’s true of course, don’t know now, if you’re joking :think:) and somewhat peeved that after all Cris’ efforts, I haven’t been home to see the calendar yet.

Still, I’ll be back in Bucharest on 5th so looking forward to hanging it up :thumbup:
Youll have to wait until the 5th to find out..:icon-biggrin:
Yours is the red 80 with the fluffy dice right?

Joinerman you must have been unlucky, I get circa 25mpg at cruising speed! My record was 30mpg before I went up to 33s.

Owen

Joinerman you must have been unlucky, I get circa 25mpg at cruising speed! My record was 30mpg before I went up to 33s.

Owen
Blimey 25mpg is a dream in my Troopy I'm chuffed if i get 19 lol

Back