Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Current present and correct, but Leds dont light up...

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
Hello chaps,

I am really baffled, I removed the corner bulbs and ordered LED bulbs, they say are a direct fit.

Now, when I insert the LED bulb into the holder it does not light up.

I have checked and the current is there, when I even connect a wire from the connector to the LED bulb, it lights up perfectly, but, as soon as I insert the damn bulb in the holder, you guessed, no light.

I think that either I am going nuts or physics no longer what it used to be?

Has anyone put LEDs in their 100?

I have just done all my internal lights and door light inc cubby hole light and you have to remember that the LED lights are "directional". By that I mean they have a positive and a negative terminal where as the filament bulbs can go anyway so try switching the buld around.

I also found that some of them needed to be jiggles in there slot to get the wires to make contact.

Check polarity as led only allow current flow
One direction to lighht up.

Also did u pit a multimeter in to measure current??
Have u definately got voltage??

Thank for your replies guys.

I guess that is what it is.

I was just plugging the blubs as normal. I will turn the wires around and then test and report.

The LED bulbs have the built in resistors, so that shud help.

Be back soon.

Yipeee.

Mate I just turned the polarity around and they work. :dance:

Thanks guys, I thought I was going loco before. :think:

Now the hazards and indicators work perfectly, infact when I changed one LED indicator the hazards began to work.

So have changed both and learned that normal bulbs will light up no matter what the polarity, but, with LED's its a negative polarity.

Cheers.

I think that probably the clue is in the title there you know. Light emitting DIODE :lol:

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back