Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dac

Lewis07

How is this meant to work? I have just tried it as per the manual and don't notice any difference. Is it meant to operate like Land rover's Hill Descent Control System? Is mine bust? :icon-cry:

Hi Lewis, What where you driving on when you were testing it?

Not likely to see any difference at there at all. I'm not terribly familiar with DAC but guessing it's the electrorickery traction control. So you won't feel any difference until you're actually off road and the wheels start slipping.

Anywhere you can drive the family car up isn't likely to activate it!

Bring it to Lincomb in May, plenty of safe places to test going downhill and you can always enjoy the climb up again.

I don't believe it relies on the wheels to start slipping. I certainly know that when in low range and with DAC engaged, it held my 120 to a slow crawl down a steep bank hill.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So you need to be loosing traction before it will kick in. The Land Rover system allows you to crawl down any hill with all feet off the pedals. Though quite why you'd want to do that I'm not sure! I used it the snow once and it was very impressive.

No slipping needed. As Tony said, low range, press the button, hear the noises of the brakes as they chatter to slow you down. You need to be on a enough of a hill to actually pick up speed from standstill

No slipping needed. As Tony said, low range, press the button, hear the noises of the brakes as they chatter to slow you down. You need to be on a enough of a hill to actually pick up speed from standstill

OK. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Thanks for the corrections guys ... I was confused with ATRAC! :oops:

Tried it again last night in low gear and it worked perfectly. Not sure it matches the Land Rover system though. :whistle:

Back