Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Decent 80 anyone?

It always amazes me that sellers quote " This Amazon has been maintained regardless of cost as can be seen by the general condition of the car " then go on to say it has no mot & needs a tyre, not the way to sell in my opinion, for what that's worth.

Ps i just sold my 80 but made sure it was all up together & a fresh mot, sold in days.

Reading through the ad it sounds like he has inherited it, hence its in a garage and needs new mot.

It still has more positives than negatives, if it came here in 04 it will have been rust free when it came so it has seen less winters than average and it states the underside is still good. It's low mileage so it should last well and be reliable and its had remedial work done.
Because the truck has no MOT doesn't mean its not everything it says in the ad, if I was looking for my 1st 80 and wanted one with life left in it I'd definitely try to view to asses its condition no matter how far away it was after a good discussion with the seller.
Who knows?

Andy

I agree it all looks good but it's just my way of selling things andy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No not for me Clive, I doubt its as good underneath as my 88K GS or my 24V green Import auto. TBH I fancy getting rid of the Chevys and the hunt is on now for a black D4D Collie but I won't know if I like one till I try one, I just think the Chevys are a bit overkill these days and fancy something a bit more compact.
Brian I agree that selling a car is better with a full MOT but from a buyers point of view it gives a bigger lever in negotiations if there is no MOT, after all he is open to offers.

Andy

I'm sure this was up for sale earlier in the year (same pictures etc.) - and was posted here then.

You could be right, those aren't new pics because there are leaves on the trees.

Looks good in the pictures though.

Fully expedition prepared? Well that's clearly a load of b*ll*cks. Underside good due to no being off roaded. Well actually drivring them in Winter on UK roads is what ruins them, not off roading. I off road mine like a good un and it's very good under there. Not sure about this one. Seller seems to know enough to fool someone who doesn't know as much as we do. Pictures again are quite poor. And top end money I think. But if it's a tidy example in the flesh then worth having.

Selling the Chev Andy? Nah, I don't believe you.

Anyone who wants the best sub £6k tow vehicle out there need look no further, RHD, 86k miles 6.5 turbo diesel, immensely stable, what more do need?
Mind you, I've got to find a Collie I like first.

Andy

Andy,

Which one, the Tahoe or the Suburban? What is the real world MPG?

Cheers

Ian

It would be a goos way forward Ian. I dont think they are that bad on fuel either for there size. could be wrong.
Stu

If I sell either it will be the Burb 1st. It is in great condition, low mileage and is the heavy duty "3/4" tonne model with 4L80E transmission and Dana 60 rear axle with 8 stud wheels. As a few people know, I always go brim to brim and measure MPG especially on the Chevys so I can ( within odometer accuracy ) categorically tell the MPG. 70 mph run to Bristol = 18.8 mpg (best I got) Fetching MUD from IR's = 16.5 mpg , fetching Nick Shepherds 60 from Aberdeen = 15.5 mpg ( its was very windy and a lot of hills). The run to Aberdeen was an 800 mile round trip there and back and loading 14h 45 min with one fuel stop where I put 10 Gall to get home. Normal day to day running is around 17 MPG.
As a tow vehicle it is unsurpassed, never once in all the towing I did did it ever get moved by the trailer, probably due to its weight and length.
Hope this helps.

Andy

Back