Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Deep Water Crossing

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
The look on his face makes me think that was deeper than he expected.

A bit of grim determination here too, I think the closing comment sums it up :

Last edited:
That's a heck of a crossing. Imagine being the first through! I know we love Cruisers, and other vehicles are apparently available, but I can't imagine many production cars making it through there. I've had mine that deep and that feeling of the bonnet finally beginning to rise is really quite a relief. As well sealed as they are, mine was starting to fill up.

Pfew, that must have been scary indeed...
I wonder how my 60 would be on the inside after doing a crossing like that.
Something tells me, I'd see stuff floating around on the inside as well..

I love on the second one the way he calmly selected reverse to spin it about a little to line up with the exit before going forwards again, very cool!!!

I love on the second one the way he calmly selected reverse to spin it about a little to line up with the exit before going forwards again, very cool!!!
What effect would putting it in reverse have on the direction?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I love the way he calmly opens the door to let the water out that's come in through the air vents before it levelled out. :)

What effect would putting it in reverse have on the direction?

I'm guessing the flow of the river Chas. He clawed his way upstream with probably only a few kilos of weight on the front wheels, back floating in the current. When he turned to line up with the ramp, a touch of reverse would push the rear end into the flow to give him a straight exit.

I like his stamina, most would have sh!t out when they had missed the exit and gone so far downstream. Nice one... :thumbup:

I'm guessing the flow of the river Chas. He clawed his way upstream with probably only a few kilos of weight on the front wheels, back floating in the current. When he turned to line up with the ramp, a touch of reverse would push the rear end into the flow to give him a straight exit.

I like his stamina, most would have sh!t out when they had missed the exit and gone so far downstream. Nice one... :thumbup:
But if the front wheels had any grip at all they could have pulled the front in the right direction, to put it in reverse and possibly push the truck backwards with the flow already pushing it could have been disastrous.

I think there's two possible scenarios here:-

1, the driver is a seasoned pro at doing crossings like this and used steering and reverse gear to swing the truck around while more water flooded in through the ventilation and allowed the front more traction as time went on. Or
2, he had a bit of luck while outwardly keeping totally cool and inwardly bricking it!

After much thought, my money's on number 1:)

Last edited:
The driver used to captain super tankers and is used to using the prop throw to change direction.

did the job, made him spin clockwise, before that he was heading in to the bushes
I can't see that, the engine would still have been rotating in the same direction so the torque effect from that would be the same and any paddle effect from the tyres would only, move him backwards or forwards, I think it was just water flow that, luckily, as the rear end was floating and the front seemed to have some grip, swung him the right way.

I can't see that, the engine would still have been rotating in the same direction so the torque effect from that would be the same and any paddle effect from the tyres would only, move him backwards or forwards, I think it was just water flow that, luckily, as the rear end was floating and the front seemed to have some grip, swung him the right way.
just going by what I saw on the video, he put it into reverse, it slewed around,maybe he just got lucky trying to reverse away from the bank, who knows, more to the point, who cares, hardly worth expending a lengthy discussion on!

Back