Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Desireable but hard to get overland equipment for TLC

BrendanB

Overland equipment for Land Rover Defenders is relatively easy to obtain in the UK but I understand that they are not so readily available for TLC.

So what sort of overland type equipment would you like to see more readily available in the UK for TLC?

If you could give me an idea of priority as well it would be useful.

NO I do not have a magic wand, so do not expect the supply situation to change overnight.

Brendan

Stuff is easy to get, its just a bit expensive.

There doesnt seem to be any budget ranges as most is imported which loads up the price. The continent does have a better range as they seem to use cruisers a bit more.

Load guard is by far the most important, frogs used to do one but not sure if they still sell it. Next is storage solutions. Currently there are 2 available and one is far too expensive to even consider it and the other is pricey. One thing I really wanted to buy and could not find anyware are internal mesh guards for the boot windows, would stop all the kit rubbing/damaging the tinted foil off and make the rear more secure.

For the hardcore overland modders long range tanks are difficult to find for under a grand as they are imported from Aus, would probably be a market for them if they were more affordable.

I think one of the problems is that compared to LR it's a small market so you can't rely on volume selling to keep the prices down.

Rob said:
....One thing I really wanted to buy and could not find anyware are internal mesh guards for the boot windows, would stop all the kit rubbing/damaging the tinted foil off and make the rear more secure.

For the hardcore overland modders long range tanks are difficult to find for under a grand as they are imported from Aus, would probably be a market for them if they were more affordable.

OK I am not an expert on TLC :p

One of our suppliers have listed for 80/100 Series Rear Window boards for about £230 retail. Now I have no idea what is meant my rear window boards. Will try and get some more information/photos in next few days.

UK long range tanks exist for 100 series

85 litre long range fuel tank stainless steel £590
120 litre long range fuel tank stainless steel £748

Yes those prices are more expensive then the equivalent Defender ones but they are well under a grand. Will see what information/photos I can get.

HTH

Brendan

Do those prices include the fitting and filler kit?

On the Longranger the kits cost more than the tank.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a 180 liter longranger on the 75 - yes they are expensive and the filler kit was not used as I found a much better option locally.

The price your quoting for stainless steel is much lower than I paid.

I've noticed that 80s are well catered for, 100s are getting there but for 120s there is very little choice, and mostly very expensively imported from SA or Oz. Shudder to think what it's like for 150s and 200s :snooty: :roll:

The fuel tanks for the 80/100 Series sits above the spare wheels and comes complete with fitting gear. It is a flow through system so uses the existing filler pipe.

Costs for a mild steel one is £527 whereas a stainless steel one is £717 I saw some going through the manufacturing process today. Unfortunately no photographs.

Saw some interesting plastic water tanks for 80/100 series today. Sit in the middle footwell. Remove the middle seats and with these in have a level floor from tail gate.

Window boards available which are plastic coated ply. Great for security, not so good for visibility

Rear wheel carriers £482.

Hopefully manufacturer will send me some photos early next week

Brendan

Sounds interesting Brendan. I look forward to seeing the pictures. Thanks for keeping us up to date. :thumbup:

Some photos for you to consider.

Long Range Fuel Tank

Toyotaoverlander4x42.jpg

Water tank for foot well

Toyotaoverlander4x4.jpg

Or can have just a LH or RH one

Toyotaoverlander4x41.jpg

Any questions please ask

Brendan

What model is this for?

Also how is the long range fuel tank plumbed in as there does not seem to be many pipes?

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for all the info.

I would be interested in an 80 Series fuel tank.

Could you please PM me with a quote that would include delivery as well?

Cheers,

Andre

Back