Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Differeces between LC 1994 & 1995 model years

alex lizarraga

Country Flag
united_states
Question for any one who can anaswer:
I have access to 1995 Service Repair Manual, butr have a 1994 LC, What 're the diff.'s. Can I get by with the 1995 Manual?

Don't think there is much of a difference between the 2. I take it you mean the 80 series. If anything there might be a slight change with the face lift model.

Thanks for the replies, what I'm getting from this is and other forums is to hold out and get the correct year because there are some significant differences i.e. the dashboard, OBD1 vs OBD2, transition year, etc.

1995 was the 'facelift' year and the adoption of the 24v 1HD-ft engine as well as interior and exterior trim changes and (I think) some transmission changes. If we're talking factory manuals then the you'll need the earlier engine manual for the 12v 1HD-T as there are quite a few differences between the two.

The op is in America i bet its a petrol 80 ?

The op is in America i bet its a petrol 80 ?

Almost a dead cert there Shayne. Models vary a lot from market to market too, mine has the later shape dash, but the older heater controls, a real mixture.

I get the impression that the "face-lift" was a U.K. only change, might be wrong, I seem to be good at being wrong lately :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No the Face Lift applied to the Australian market too, with the Auto box a new addition was you get to press a button which skips the 1st gear and puts the drive in 2nd gear, good for driving on the beach.

Back