discovery 3

G

Guest

Guest
Hi guys
today I've been arguing with a friend of mine about the reliable off-rode
and he insisted that DISCOVERY 3 is the best ever made off-rode ,with the
highest modern technology,and functions so good,that the =A8man=A8factor is
almost ignored,that this utility will drive you safe ANY WARE!Any thoughts
to share?
cheers Lubo
Ps by the way do you know about some mirrors that can fit my 80 which are
warmed up?
L
 
G

Guest

Guest
Lubo,
From memory the Colorado mirror, at least the glass, is the same
shape and size as the 80 and they are heated along with the rear
screen.
Regards,
Clive Marks
Home: +44 1293 514600
Mobile: +44 7821 491897
Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
 
G

Guest

Guest
I took this photo in January.
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/lnpJjWbzNRIm7o8QzXYN6A?feat=3Ddirectlink.
The old defender with mud tyres was recovering the new disco on road
tyres
from a level paved surface where it had lost traction due to a whopping 4
inches of dartmoor snow.
So yeah, the disco is a great car. But for the money, I'd rather have decent
tyres.
/rob
2009/11/26 Lubomir Kolev <[Email address removed]>
> Hi guys
> today I've been arguing with a friend of mine about the reliable off-rode
> and he insisted that DISCOVERY 3 is the best ever made off-rode ,with the
> highest modern technology,and functions so good,that the =A8man=A8factor is
> almost ignored,that this utility will drive you safe ANY WARE!Any thoughts
> to share?
> cheers Lubo
> Ps by the way do you know about some mirrors that can fit my 80 which are
> warmed up?
> L
>
--
Rob Thijssen
www.pragmantra.com, www.linkedin.com/in/thijssen
Telephone: +44 208 123 8836, +44 7856 535344
 
G

Guest

Guest
Clive
is Colorado known as 120 or 90?
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Clive Marks <[Email address removed]> wrote:
> Lubo,
>
> From memory the Colorado mirror, at least the glass, is the same
> shape and size as the 80 and they are heated along with the rear
> screen.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clive Marks
> Home: +44 1293 514600
> Mobile: +44 7821 491897
> Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
>
 
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
G

Guest

Guest
Hi.
I was on a trip in Finnish Lapland in October 2008 with a friend driving
Discovery 3.
Disco did quite well with General Grabber tyres even on some muddy roads.
Alas I had to winch it trough some bad places.... ;)
http://tinyurl.com/ykkjqy5
Luckily our tracks separated on last day. Disco3 took the fast route back
and Land Cruiser took the abandoned road:
http://tinyurl.com/yzxcu8n
Whole trip:
http://tinyurl.com/yfhaqwn
-osku
--
Oskari Hellman
[Email address removed]
+358-50-5837050
Land Cruiser HDJ100 -98
255/85-16 BFG MudTerrains
OME 2" Lift
ARB Roofrack
Superwinch EP 9.0
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
 
G

Guest

Guest
fantastic fotos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Lubo
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Oskari Hellman <[Email address removed]>wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was on a trip in Finnish Lapland in October 2008 with a friend driving
> Discovery 3.
> Disco did quite well with General Grabber tyres even on some muddy roads.
> Alas I had to winch it trough some bad places.... ;)
> http://tinyurl.com/ykkjqy5
>
> Luckily our tracks separated on last day. Disco3 took the fast route back
> and Land Cruiser took the abandoned road:
> http://tinyurl.com/yzxcu8n
>
> Whole trip:
> http://tinyurl.com/yfhaqwn
>
> -osku
>
> --
>
> Oskari Hellman
> [Email address removed]
> +358-50-5837050
>
> Land Cruiser HDJ100 -98
> 255/85-16 BFG MudTerrains
> OME 2" Lift
> ARB Roofrack
> Superwinch EP 9.0
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
I did Le Croisiere Blanche in my 1991 80 series, and spent my time
pulling out D3s. It got soo embarassing that i couldnt take the p**s
any more. Nice to drive, not that awesome offroad!!
On 26 Nov 2009, at 20:08, Oskari Hellman wrote:
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
 
G

Guest

Guest
I have to agree wonderfull pictures. Looks amazing=2C I would like to take my 80 or in the summer my 40 to places like that=2C I need to join a club here in the UK. Can I ask what winch do you have hidden in your bumper?
Hi everyone by the way=2C this is my first email and once I understood how this ELCO mail works I am enjoying reading the conversations.
Jonnie
> From: [Email address removed]
> To: [Email address removed]
> Subject: Re: [ELCO] discovery 3
> Date: Thu=2C 26 Nov 2009 23:49:52 +0000
>
> I did Le Croisiere Blanche in my 1991 80 series=2C and spent my time
> pulling out D3s. It got soo embarassing that i couldnt take the p**s
> any more. Nice to drive=2C not that awesome offroad!!
> On 26 Nov 2009=2C at 20:08=2C Oskari Hellman wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I was on a trip in Finnish Lapland in October 2008 with a friend
> > driving
> > Discovery 3.
> > Disco did quite well with General Grabber tyres even on some muddy
> > roads.
> > Alas I had to winch it trough some bad places.... =3B)
> > http://tinyurl.com/ykkjqy5
> >
> > Luckily our tracks separated on last day. Disco3 took the fast route
> > back
> > and Land Cruiser took the abandoned road:
> > http://tinyurl.com/yzxcu8n
> >
> > Whole trip:
> > http://tinyurl.com/yfhaqwn
> >
> > -osku
> >
> > --
> >
> > Oskari Hellman
> > [Email address removed]
> > +358-50-5837050
> >
> > Land Cruiser HDJ100 -98
> > 255/85-16 BFG MudTerrains
> > OME 2" Lift
> > ARB Roofrack
> > Superwinch EP 9.0
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> > Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
>
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/

_________________________________________________________________
Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Rob
You're right, I don't think I have ever seen a Disco 3 with anything
other than low profile (!!) more or less slicks, which makes we wonder
why people buy them.
And apparently they wear them out quite fast too, but that may just be
that they go and corner faster than an LC80.
Christopher Bell (*not* trying to start Yet Another Tyre Debate)
<Rob wrote>
So yeah, the disco is a great car. But for the money, I'd rather have
decent tyres.
/rob
____________________________________________________________
Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business
systems are scanned for acceptability of content and viruses
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
 
G

Guest

Guest
well well
that's what I tried to explain him-not so far from your experiences!He
insisted that the Germans are conservative people,that's why are talking bad
about Disco!No, I replied-those are English people whit normal sense!
cheers
Lubo
On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Christopher Bell <
[Email address removed]> wrote:
> Rob
>
> You're right, I don't think I have ever seen a Disco 3 with anything
> other than low profile (!!) more or less slicks, which makes we wonder
> why people buy them.
>
> And apparently they wear them out quite fast too, but that may just be
> that they go and corner faster than an LC80.
>
> Christopher Bell (*not* trying to start Yet Another Tyre Debate)
>
> <Rob wrote>
>
> So yeah, the disco is a great car. But for the money, I'd rather have
> decent tyres.
> /rob
> ____________________________________________________________
> Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business
> systems are scanned for acceptability of content and viruses
>
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Lubomir=2C

a full GS4 spec D3 with a rear locker is extrmemly capable off road. Standard spec ones can get stuck quite easily- even when driven by a capable driver- have video to proove!

It is true that he electronics reduce the need to know what you're doing off road.

If you know what you are doing=2C any vehicle (ie 8=2C G-wagen etc) with fully locking dffs wil walk al over it offroad.
Cheers

JIm

From: [Email address removed]
Date: Thu=2C 26 Nov 2009 18:56:03 +0100
Subject: [ELCO] discovery 3
To: [Email address removed]
Hi guys
today I've been arguing with a friend of mine about the reliable off-rode and he insisted that DISCOVERY 3 is the best ever made off-rode =2Cwith the highest modern technology=2Cand functions so good=2Cthat the =A8man=A8factor is almost ignored=2Cthat this utility will drive you safe ANY WARE!Any thoughts to share?
cheers Lubo
Ps by the way do you know about some mirrors that can fit my 80 which are warmed up?
L

_________________________________________________________________
View your other email accounts from your Hotmail inbox. Add them now.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/
 
G

Guest

Guest
I only know of one D3 that is on a world trip compared to endless
Toyota's and your typical Defender.
http://www.africa-overland.net/Bio-330-The-World-Off-Road
The key criteria will be in 15years time when the average Overlander
can afford to use a D3 for an overland trip. The big question is
whether the vehicle will have stood the test of time.
Cheers,
Martin
On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM, James Pugh <[Email address removed]> wrote:
ble
g off
lly
is
s
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
 
G

Guest

Guest
James
a full GS4 spec D3 : what does it mean?
Lubo
On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Martin Solms <[Email address removed]>wrote:
> I only know of one D3 that is on a world trip compared to endless
> Toyota's and your typical Defender.
> http://www.africa-overland.net/Bio-330-The-World-Off-Road
>
> The key criteria will be in 15years time when the average Overlander
> can afford to use a D3 for an overland trip. The big question is
> whether the vehicle will have stood the test of time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM, James Pugh <[Email address removed]> wrote:
> > Lubomir,
> >
> > a full GS4 spec D3 with a rear locker is extrmemly capable off road.
> > Standard spec ones can get stuck quite easily- even when driven by a
> capable
> > driver- have video to proove!
> >
> > It is true that he electronics reduce the need to know what you're doing
> off
> > road.
> >
> > If you know what you are doing, any vehicle (ie 8, G-wagen etc) with
> fully
> > locking dffs wil walk al over it offroad.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > JIm
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: [Email address removed]
> > Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:56:03 +0100
> > Subject: [ELCO] discovery 3
> > To: [Email address removed]
> >
> > Hi guys
> > today I've been arguing with a friend of mine about the reliable off-rode
> > and he insisted that DISCOVERY 3 is the best ever made off-rode ,with the
> > highest modern technology,and functions so good,that the =A8man=A8factor is
> > almost ignored,that this utility will drive you safe ANY WARE!Any
> thoughts
> > to share?
> > cheers Lubo
> > Ps by the way do you know about some mirrors that can fit my 80 which are
> > warmed up?
> > L
> >
> > ________________________________
> > View your other email accounts from your Hotmail inbox. Add them now.
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Lubo,
It means a fully prepared by Land Rover off road special that
they do for their own rallies etc. Nothing like the vehicles we are
talking about here. They are very expensive to modify. I can't help
wondering how they would compare to a Toyota prepared Cruiser, if
there was such a thing.
Regards,
Clive Marks
Home: +44 1293 514600
Mobile: +44 7821 491897
Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Martin,
A good point, how many 15 year old Disco's do we see on the road?
I do know that older ones are as cheap as chips.
Regards,
Clive Marks
Home: +44 1293 514600
Mobile: +44 7821 491897
Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
 
G

Guest

Guest
When i did the Cros, 2008, there were 5 D3s and all had problems, but
there was a G4 there too, with a good Swedish driver behind the wheel
and it was soo much better than the others. However my 80, with just a
2" lift and cooper STs, was the only one not to get stuck, and made
the techie D3s look a bit sad. There was a lot of chat as to which
mode they should be in, either way they just stopped and had no
traction.
Was a little bit banter going on, until it got beyond funny, as they
were that bad in the snow.
On 28 Nov 2009, at 08:58, Clive Marks wrote:
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
 
Top