I'm not sure if I'm going blind or daft
But I cannot see anything on the page
That says service manual ??:(
I'm not on my computer but my phone
If that makes any difference ??
Mark

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
broken rockers

i recently bought a LC 80 for a song. It was running then but had a bad sounding engine so I had it checked by a mechanic- 3 broken rocker arms, among others. problem is I can't find any available rocker arm for the 1HD-FT engine. am considering having it welded but the mechanic is advising against it. i definitely need some help. thanks

by the way, i saw in the amayama parts catalogue "sub-assembly rocker arm no.1 and sub-assembly rocker arm no. 2" my mechanic can't shed light on it. Is the rocker arm itself (the one that holds the valves, with the valve clearance adjuster) no.1 or number 2?

Last edited:
Try calling karl webster on hear. he may well be able to help you.

thanks. can I have his number or preferably his e-mail address please?

saw a service/repair manual for 1HD-FT engine but can't access it. can somebody post it for me please? I know I don't have sufficient privilege yet but i badly need help. my LC 80 has been in the shop for more than 3 months now and i wish to drive it the soonest

Last edited:
Thanks to senior member stumog. He shared a link that led me to sir Jon Wildsmith who has a "library" of service/repair manuals. I got what I badly needed
I think what caused the breakage of the valve bridges, valve rocker shaft and camshaft bearing cap was an insufficient supply of oil. The timing belt was in its right place and there was nothing wrong with the 'timing' according to my mechanic. The belt was replaced only very recently before I purchased the LC according to the owner, and it shows. The valve rocker shaft showed some signs of excessive wear and so did the rocker arms..has anyone encountered a similar problem? please do share and let us all try to come up with a solution to the problem. pp. EG 51- EG 54 of the 1HD-FT ENGINE REPAIR MANUAL (Jan 1995) will help us a lot. thanks everyone!! one great community of LC owners!!

Back