Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Does anyone have a source for an oil filter 90915-20003?

Buckets

Country Flag
uk
Toyota sell a replacement part 90915-YZZJ3. I have these, but the original part is supposed to be better, however more expensive. Toyota apparently fits the better one as a factory fit and then advise the cheaper one as the one for a service from the first oil change.

I have seen photographs of the 20003 type and it appears more complex in the filter medium. Somehow my car feels different after the change to the service type. Anyone else notice this?

Which engine is this for?
Are you sure it's not the 30002 (vs 20003). Anyhow, can't you just get from the dealer, or order at an online shop, or Amayama.

Presumably the Toyota replacement does not come in a Toyota box and therefore not endorsed by Toyota but is just something that particular garage is selling off their own bat? Obtaining a genuine Toyota filter should be easy but best done through dealer as there are fake parts everywhere now. Demand to see MD if counter are not helpful.

Presumably the Toyota replacement does not come in a Toyota box and therefore not endorsed by Toyota but is just something that particular garage is selling off their own bat? Obtaining a genuine Toyota filter should be easy but best done through dealer as there are fake parts everywhere now. Demand to see MD if counter are not helpful.
The 20003 is the original factory fitted part number and not a copy. I am aware that there are lots of imitations so the best source is a Toyota dealer who has something to loose. All of the UK dealers that I have approached are saying "unavailable through Toyota UK" even their online store will only sell the Y...J3. I have tried the Toyota dealer in Perth Aus. near to my daughters but they are slow in replying to my email. I will have to get her to visit the dealer and look them in the eye.

Which engine is this for?
Are you sure it's not the 30002 (vs 20003). Anyhow, can't you just get from the dealer, or order at an online shop, or Amayama.
This is for the new 2.8 1GD-FTV diesel but it appears to be OE fit at the factory for loads of Toyota and Lexus models. My old RX300 had one and then the YZZJ3 replacement was fitted thereafter. The pictures that I have seen show a dense media rather than fanned pleats of paper.

I should have cut my first one open to see the insides for myself. Absolutely sure it is 20003.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It looks like you could use the 30002 instead of the 20003. The 30002 is a bit bigger only, afaik.
Might be easier to get hold of as it is one of the most used t0yota filters; and a very good design, with filtering of the bypass oil as well.
Here's a list of european market vehicles using the 20003, and the 30002:
20003.gif

30002.gif

Back