Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Don't let the Mrs fix Sky problems

Trevor

Country Flag
england
My Sky HD Box went pop on Christmas Day, lost everything the Mrs had set to record :thumbup:

I've spent a while trying the various tests etc just in case it coould be brought back to life but no it's proper fooked, also found the viewing card had got burnt around the gold chip bit so ordered another one from Sky and said to Mrs Trev that I'll buy another box off the 'tinterweb at the weekend.

I went out today, when I came back was told that I don't need to order another one as it's all been sorted.

Mrs Trev rang Sky, managed to get a 1TB HD box for £50 plus £60 installation, signed up for multiroom so that our buggered box will go into the bedroom and get replaced for free when the engineer turns up.

Bless her, she's pleased as punch at her solution. I can't say I share her joy as the "fix" has cost £110 plus £10-50 a month subscription when I could have got a new box (not the 1TB) for £120.

No, she won't let me cancel the order either :violence-smack:

Next time I have a problem on the 70, I'm going to let her fix it, maybe she'll "solve" it by buying me an 80 instead :lol:

Best part is, if you called Sky and told them your canceling you Sky. They would have sent you a new box for FREE!!!

Guess how I know ;)

Paul

I have a sky+ SD box here Trev, no use to me since we went over to Freeview a year ago and not looked back ;)

Back