Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Drop links

Tractionman

Country Flag
england
Any recommendations for rear drop links. Mr T are shut, Roughtrax are shut, Milners appear to be open(on line, anyway) + various others/brands on line available. Thanks.

I've seen them on Amazon and given the runaround i've had trying to get a lift pump delivered to my boat its probably your best bet to have them delivered , they are hardly a part that demands genuine quality .

Thanks Shayne, sorry to hear your boats ashore waiting for the pump, when you could be fishing.
Yeah, you are right as regards quality with a drop link, but some look thicker, ie stronger? than others.
Think I will give Milners a go, they look strong and not gonna fall apart after 5 mins.
Also need pair of rear bump stops, one just fell off as I was working out there !

In a rush i found that some for a nissan terrano fitted my 95. I think they're pretty generic , probably all come out of the number 1 droplink factory somewhere in China...

When I was looking, I thought the same as you, but it seems even the year or model can influence sizes, i.e.
length, diameter, e.t.c.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Update on this. Was all set to order from Milners, but laying under cruiser got in way, so as I'm cleaning off rust, rust proofing, painting and undersealing, working back to the front, a rubber body mount/ bumper didn't look right, gave it a poke and it fell off. This is a circular piece of rubber approx 2" across and 2" high bonded to a circular 'washer', and bolted to underside of body by a bolt through the centre. Can't find one of these anywhere, maybe because I have wrong name. Then a main bump stop fell off, same reason, unbonded by rust.
Moving on, I find both rear shocks upper sleeves are badly perforated, although not leaking. So am getting quite a list so far, which I was hoping to source all from Milners, who are open on line. Unfortunately, they don't seem to do rubber body mount/ bumper or main bump stops. With the main one I may be able to re bond as metal plate still on there has cleaned up and main bump stop is sound.

Update on this. Was all set to order from Milners, but laying under cruiser got in way, so as I'm cleaning off rust, rust proofing, painting and undersealing, working back to the front, a rubber body mount/ bumper didn't look right, gave it a poke and it fell off. This is a circular piece of rubber approx 2" across and 2" high bonded to a circular 'washer', and bolted to underside of body by a bolt through the centre. Can't find one of these anywhere, maybe because I have wrong name. Then a main bump stop fell off, same reason, unbonded by rust.
Moving on, I find both rear shocks upper sleeves are badly perforated, although not leaking. So am getting quite a list so far, which I was hoping to source all from Milners, who are open on line. Unfortunately, they don't seem to do rubber body mount/ bumper or main bump stops. With the main one I may be able to re bond as metal plate still on there has cleaned up and main bump stop is sound.

Cab mounting cushions? I suspect the rubber is fine, but the bracket is dust? They don't take much to fabricate, but I bought new ones from Amayama in with some other bits. Might be worth getting new bolts though, they do corrode into a mess. If they have gone be worth having a good poke at the upper spring mounts too.

You can see the bracket part numbers (and buy them) here : Genuine Toyota 51709-35040 (5170935040) BRACKET SUB-ASSY, BODY REAR END MOUNTING - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
And the rubbers here if needed and you are getting other bits : Genuine Toyota 52207-35050 (5220735050) CUSHION SUB-ASSY, CAB MOUNTING, NO.4 UPPER - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Febest also do pattern parts for the rubbers if you search on the part numbers.

Rob, thanks for your digging and info, I had viewed that chassis diagram and unfortunately nothing there looks like what I have I have now misplaced the bloody thing ! There are no brackets, this rubber, which should be bonded to a steel 'washer', bolts directly through its centre to the underside of the body, just forward of the rear wheel, and the bolt, with said 'washer is still bolted to the underside of body and look in remarkably good condition, as is/was this piece of rubber and there was minimal clearance on the chassis that's why I suspect it stayed up there, rather than fall out when it came unbounded.
I was gonna re bond it, but now I am buggered because I have 'lost' it somewhere in the aladdins cave of the garage. (Alright then a mess) Upper spring mounts are fine as other rear areas, but I have only got as far as and including the rear axle.. chassis is really thick steel, good job, because in places I have been chipping rust deposits off in lumps, strangely to leave what looks like virgin steel underneath, which was very shabby before. I have got to the stage where I need extra height under now, and have just dug out my at least 40yr old heavy car ramps. Tyre tread area approx. 9"+ wide, ramps approx 7" wide, will have to be careful reversing up those !

Acting on your description of body cushion, I looked on the web again, and found the exact item, (well I think so, only one pic.) Made by febest as you said, but coming from Oz. About 6 quid with 18 quid post.
Now you have given right description I can now search elsewhere, thanks.

Another update, they are called body bushings by Febest. If I wasn't clear to start, these bolt to underside of body only and not a mount for the body. I can find these in UK, but are smaller than the ones from Oz.
And I wish I could find the bugger I misplaced ! As it happens it would be best to replace both anyway, and I am looking at other options in uk, maybe something I can adapt or cut down. Cheaper than the real thing fom Oz !

Back