Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric folding mirror

essexpete

Country Flag
uk
Morning
Friend has an import with electric folding mirrors. One has stopped folding. Anywhere obvious to look? RH drive, LH mirror. I guess a whole unit will be difficult to find and silly expensive.
Thanks

If he needs a new unit try Nayab Akbar on FB. He is well regarded by many customers he has supplied parts to in the UK.
Might be electrical though ( hopefully) and a new part my not be needed. I think the units are pretty reliable though, I've had several imports and the retracting mirrors have always worked.

Will be the wiper tracks in the base of the mirror. They do go wrong over time

I bust my electric but not folding passenger side mirror and bought the cheapest full unit replacement (possibly on amazon) because work required me and the truck to be away from home for a time and figuring i would return to the issue at a later date .

Instead i was so impressed that i ended up thinking i should have ordered the drivers side unit as well for 40 quid-ish .

Last edited:
Some good suggestions there, but check simple with wiring where it enters the door and same into mirror. With constant flexing in these areas, a wire could be broken.
Use a multimeter inside the mirror unit to make sure power is there first.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back