Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric windows not working at drivers door

Phil James

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi I have a 1996 Prado and all the electric windows stopped working at the drivers master switches. The other three door electric windows work from their respective door switches. I pulled out the drivers door master switch assy and found there is no voltage on the two blue power wires. I found a wiring diagram online and it looks like the power sourest for the individual doors and the drivers master switch is the same but splits at a junction block? I found this junction under the dash but it looks good. Is there a hidden fuse or something I'm missing? The passenger windows work but nothing works from the drivers door window control. Thanks for any help. Cheers Phil

Have the batteries been disconnected recently?

i would be looking at the wires where they pass through the body/door. in the rubber boot?

Switch itself would be my guess circuit boards got wet and shorted out . Connect the 2 wires together and see if its a continuous circuit and the switch board acts like a breaker is what i'm thinking . I'm no electrician though so others might advise against it ?

Last edited:
I had this, it was a wire through the rubber boot at the door.
Check continuity of all wires it could be any one.
I found the one, taped a new section to it and used the old one to pull the new bit through, then soldered it to the one inside the A pillar plastic cover.

Thanks for everyone's help, I found broken wires in the pillar to door boot. Everything is working now:)
cheers Phil James

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back