Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrickery 101 course

I'd be up for assisting with the tuition side of things & offering plenty of emergency bodging advice

I also drink lots of coffee

Ok so the 17th it is:

Venue : Knebworth Herts Jnct 6 A1(M)

9.30 start.

Will PM all attendees Address details.

Ok so the 17th it is:

Venue : Knebworth Herts Jnct 6 A1(M)

9.30 start.

Will PM all attendees Address details.
:thumbup: Looking forward to it.

:icon-biggrin:

I guess "those who will teach" need to decide who does what? I'll do the "who to turn a meter on". Turn it on. There, I'm done.

Are we still happy with the initial topics? An introduction to electrics would be good. What is volts amps etc. (unless ya'll know that already)

bit too early a start for me for something like this, I may be an hour or so late.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
10.30am :dance: This is getting better and better, gonna be just like a mini Lincomb, er :think: how big is your back garden Olazz. :lol:

Right, are there any special requests for the 17th.... Please don't say vegetarian... Dont do veggie stuff.

Is there a list of topics people want coved?

Some of mine:-

Headlight wiring
fault tracing using meter
how to wire in a switched supply
relays explained
Wiring a simple by pass
alternator rebuild

Curriculum looks good.

What's the crack for lunch? Braai...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How about boerie rolls? Simple, effective and quick. 'lazz - "that" butcher has some nice chilli and cheese wors ATM.

There are 12 "learners" and 4 "teachers". Might a (perhaps barring the alternator rebuild?) good idea to split into half, two guys talking to 6 about half the topics and then swap over when done.

Using a multi meter
Working out what size fuse to use
Wiring a winch
Dual Battery system basics
Wiring in an inverter

Last edited:
Yep Braai it is. Will sort out with butcher various.

Teachers, what do you need? I was thinking of moving cars from garage and doing day in there. Big blow heater(noisey)...plenty of space.

...Wiring a winch...
...Wiring in an inverter...

Ooohhh.... I have both of those in my shed. My truck could be used as an example/ tutorial...no....?

Lazz, I think we should bing the grub. Good enough of you to organise and host, least we can do is bring food for you and the teachers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ryan, got most of it covered boet. You guys are all travelling to me and all I have to do is fall out of bed and open the garage doors. I'll probably learn the most as I probably know the least.

It's the least I can do to give a little back to the forum that has helped me so much with my issues in the past.

Teachers, what do you need?

For the meter part, if you have your own, bring that. Can get familiar with your own.
For explaining stuff (thinking relay) something to draw on (I don't recall much free wall space for drawing on 'lazz :think:) . Pictures / drawings always better than words.

If you wanted to do some practical stuff, we could get some switches and relays (I have some lying around here) and mock up stuff on a piece of MDF. Pretend spotlight wiring with a switch and a relay. To get lunch, you have to make a working example with no smoke and no fires. :)

Back