Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrickery 101 course

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Now I can fly rotary, I have a Yachtmaster ocean ticket, am a pretty decent shot, I can ride a horse, I can strip and rebuild a motor, I can cook, hell, I even know how to knit.... but bugger me if I get car electrics!

Now I know I am not the only one here who cries help about this topic, so there must be scope for a days basic training for a group of us.

I'd be very happy to sponsor a day coffees lunch etc if someone would volunteer to do the training.

Happy for you all to come to my place and do the training day.

Anyone up for doing a basic electrickery course?

Fault finding
Using a meter
understanding relays
work arounds
common electrical issues
alternator rebuilding

PS. happy to sponsor a day anywhere else that's convenient for more to attend

List so far.

Instructors

Crispin
JW
Tony P
Capt S

Attendees

Olazz

Marius
Ryan
Ben
Mike A
Ram
Chas
Warren P
Hans
Chadr
Gav P
Dave D
Andycruiserguy

Last edited:
I'll be happy to take part as a "shower". Not done anything in the way of fixing specific things or have a set course I could show but happy to go through a set of "how do I?..."s
Did electrical engineering way back when and still tinker with it so not afraid of trying to solve problems with it. :)

God knows I could do with some guidance on this topic so I'd be game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Id love to learn more about auto electrics. So im in. :thumbup:

OK I'll start adding names to the OP above

Maybe split the list, that way someone else (I can rattle off a few names) will feel sorry for me being all alone as a "teacher" and step up and take some of the pressure off? :pray:

I don't know nothing about electrics so i'll def. like to do this
could you please add my name as well
thanks.

I don't mind being on the teaching team, I was just going to wait and see if someone better suited or qualified volunteered. The main problem I would have is understanding how to convey what the teaching team know to those who don't. I know stuff but I'm not a teacher. You ask how to use a meter? I say switch it on! isn't going to be very helpful :lol:

I know a little about electrics but would be interested in attending to learn some more.

Yup I am happy to help too.... have a electronic background from a few years ago, but to be honest not sure I am a teacher type of person. I am sure though between us we could pull the basics of how things work and explain them.....

Just got home and seen this, count me in chaps, I'm a qualified electrician, that's installation electrics, but I know sod all about car electrics. :oops:

Very interested. Happy with basic electrics and know how to use a meter, but car electrics can be baffling...

Maybe this would be something for Lincomb in May?

No, too far away. If possible would be good to do this in the next month if peoples plans allow.

I was going to suggest Sat November 17th as a possible date.

Back