Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

End of an era

ModelMakerMan

Country Flag
england
This was my last view of the LandCruiser before its new owner started it on its long jeorney to its new home in Kenya via Belgium:

1898105_10153839215040603_1326622674_n.jpg

It was such a wrench letting it go and I know Ill miss it especially when the weather gets bad and at Lincomb but Im glad its going to a good home somewhere it can be used to its full potential.

The new owner was pretty interesting, him and his brother are really into 4x4s and between them own quite a few. The brother is doing a trip across Africa in parts a few weeks at a time in a HZJ78. The KZJ70 will be used as a daily driver on the bush trails between the guys ranch and the local towns. Ive pointed them towards the forum so hopefully they will post up some pictures of the KZJ70 in its new home and also some more about the other cars and the trips they have done which all sounded pretty cool.

:icon-cry: :thumbdown:

Like you say atleast its gone to a good home. :thumbup:

Do you think you will be back behind the wheel of a LandCruiser in the future Dave? :icon-biggrin:

Possibly Ben but probably not for a while. I have some ideas which might include LandCruiser parts but we will have to see what the future brings.

For now Im looking for a 4WD estate and its looking like it might be a diesel Subaru Legacy, so still Jap and 4WD but now nearly as fun.

This was my last view of the LandCruiser before its new owner started it on its long jeorney to its new home in Kenya via Belgium:

1898105_10153839215040603_1326622674_n.jpg

It was such a wrench letting it go and I know Ill miss it especially when the weather gets bad and at Lincomb but Im glad its going to a good home somewhere it can be used to its full potential.

The new owner was pretty interesting, him and his brother are really into 4x4s and between them own quite a few. The brother is doing a trip across Africa in parts a few weeks at a time in a HZJ78. The KZJ70 will be used as a daily driver on the bush trails between the guys ranch and the local towns. Ive pointed them towards the forum so hopefully they will post up some pictures of the KZJ70 in its new home and also some more about the other cars and the trips they have done which all sounded pretty cool.
I know just how you must feel.

But times change, and while I enjoyed my Land Cruiser, I don't think another one is on the cards in the near future.

I am not fixed on a replacement yet, Toyota, Honda, Ford, Mazda, Vauxhall, really can't decide.
I can identify things I don't like with most of them.

I want some thing big enough for me, yet small enough for her to feel comfortable in, in the Manchester city traffic, we plan to sell her Micra next, and upgrade that also.

Gra.

Last edited:
Shame to see it go Dave, fantastic truck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back