Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine oil drain plug

jonnie_r

Hi,

I want to change to oil on my 1997 Colorado, but just want confirmation of where the engine oil drain is.

Do I have to remove the under trays or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jon

I can access the drain plug through a hole in the front bash plate on mine. It's easier without it on though and certainly better for a filter change on the petrol model (mine is 5VZ-KE) as the oil drips all over it if it is in place. Diesels may be different.

You shouldn't need to remove the bash plate on a Collie. The front one is shaped to allow access to the drain plug, not far from the bell housing . You don't even have to jack the front end.

You don't need to remove any plates. There's full access to the bolt

You dont need to but i always do, just so i can regrease the bolts on the bash plates and generally have a look over all the bits to make sure all is good.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you do do it without removing bash plates, put a piece of half pipe up inside, or the oil runs on to the bash plates and then you have to take them off and clean them!
Any way to catch all the oil that runs out of the filter????

Don't you have to grease the prop shafts as well? If it is like other cruisers, it should be greased more often than changing oil.

Back