Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine trouble 1KZ-TE LC90

IceCruiser

Country Flag
iceland
Hi i am new to this thread,i live in Reykjavik Iceland and i have had my Landcruiser 90 for 11 years,it has covered 433.000 km.so far
2018 it began to run rough if pushed beyond 3000 rpm( 370.000 km mark),misfiring,check engine light,since the i have replaced the fuel tank,filters on a regular basis,replaced the Map sensor(helped somewhat) but it isnt getting any better
Now when temperature is dropping,it has become worse,misfiring,cloud of diesel smoke,runs may to 2.500 rpm.My Toyota dealer workshop suggested a replacement pump,but they did not have any defintive diagnosis of cause
Does anyone out there have a suggestion (any one welcome) .I haven´t had the injectors checked,i do no think the dealer did either.It starts easily ,runs smooth otherwise,ticks over a 750rpm´s smoothly.
It has been regularly serviced by me,oil changes every 12-15000 km ,synthetic grade oils only.

Thanks in advance

Halldor Ragnarsson
Reykjavik Iceland

And if your going to do that may as well put a new SCV in it at the same time as they are known to fail eventually .

Last edited:
Hi,thanks for the reply,the spill control valve,right? This is not listed in the catalog,for available parts,for this Denso pump,how can one obtain it?There are no sources here available locally.
Is there a Denso part number available?
regards Halldor

I noticed one thing,it does pick up rpm´s if the handpump is activated
HR

Tjanks,i am having my mates look at it tomorrow,they specialize in Patrol,though,but they cannot do worse job,than the Toyota dealer,which did nothing cheers HR

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well my mechanic,did not dare to open the pump,says it will not run right if the spill valve is removed and reinstalled,claims it has to be set up afterwards in a bench,correct? Rgds Halldor

You should look for a new mechanic i reckon .

Which filters exactly have you replaced?

Hi,time for update,i went the mechanic route,aquired a used pump $387 $600 labour,it worked ,i know not cheap,but power is restored.I found debris in the temp filter screen,wool like substance with metal glitter,(old pump)did not see any other in the inlet or solenoid filter. Regards Halldor
P.s this old gal has covered 433.000 km

Glad your sorted , first time i have heard of someone needing to replace one of these pumps and theres a few on here who have covered more miles .

Back