Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine vibration 1HD-T

I had the injectors checked, think it was £30 each, can't remember how much it was to have the pump tuned (ask trevor where/howmuch)

Valve clearences have to be done with a cold engine, in yesterdays temps it took 6 hours to cool down! only two of mine were in spec!

Last edited:
Incidently, thinking about it, if you know anyone with a surface grinder, you could do the shims much cheaper than buying new @ £15 each :wtf: I'd put money on you only needing a few thou off each one, still need the expensive for what it is "special Toyota tool" to push down the valves to get them out tho, but again if you have access to engineering tools you could make one much cheaper, it's effectively a double hook which hooks on the underside of the camshaft with a screw down clamp with a machined block on the bottom to catch the edge of the valve body (1HD-T only) mind you, if you were doing the cambelt at the same time you could whip the camshaft off and negate the special tool.

Last edited:
Good chance some swappage of shims would mean not all needed grinding, depending on the original clearances.

Last edited:
Good chance some swappage of shims would mean not all needed grinding, depending on the original clearances.

good point! :thumbup: I think 2 or 3 of mine could be reused - I'll have to get the numbers and recheck

How far out were they and how many miles are on your truck? Has it made a difference?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How far out were they and how many miles are on your truck? Has it made a difference?

from memory worst were about 0.10 out of range, some weren't far out of range, only 2 were just within rage (I've not actually got the numbers with me) 213k km, the new shims have to be ordered, so it ain't done yet, will post a full synopsis when the jobs completed.

Back