Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine will not start after injectionpump seal replacement

Re: Engine will not start after injectionpump seal replaceme

A man after my own heart.

I love the fabrication of bits and bobs. Gates for the rack etc etc.

When you get back from your trip it shows stuff like that can be kept to realistic costs.

All good :thumbup:

Indeed, the main objective was to save costs, due to the fact that all the things we needed were so unbelievably expensive. On the other hand, why buy if you can build it yourself! (and most of the time better as well :) ) We learn from it, its fun and when its finished, a lot of satisfaction!

I agree. All part of the fun. And if it works for the purpose that it was built even better :thumbup:

What you can do with almost no budget and 2 generations of farmers with collecting mania :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good stuff.

The things i have chucked together in the past, And now i suppose all good fun.

Hi Tim,

Looks like you guys really learn some good stuff at uni :thumbup:
I like the tent, and would suggest perhaps some adjustable feet for the outriggigger drops.

It is ofton quite difficult to find some flat camp ground, so your tent might end a little "lob sided"
How about some thing adjustable like axle stands kind of adjustment? with small plates on the bottom, stop digging intp the ground over night.
Them girls can be heavy "ontop :clap: " all night, and they never never stop moving.

G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Have we sorted it today then?

Karl

Hi Karl,

It is finally sorted! The cruiser is roaring like a wild beast again! There was a small key which was not inserted right in the pump, and that threw the timing off a bit. So after some tweaking everything fitted perfect and it works again nicely!

Tim

Well Done, Are you going down the East coast of Africa?

Great stuff :thumbup:

Great news the 80 growls again.

So is the departure date back on shedule?

Is there any thing else we can help with?
Any other mods you are thinking about? perhaps need a different view on proposed mods?

Keep them comming,

G.

Hello!

Route is going to be east africa..so far netherlands to venice, then boat to alexandrie in egypt, then sudan, ethiopia, kenia, tanzania, malawi and zambia as end point.

One issue remains. Engine runs and starts like a charm again, only a hell of a lot of white/blue smoke comes out now..don't thinks we'll pass MOT like this. I thinks its the timing, so we have to tilt the pump a bit. But, can there be other logical causes? Most mods etc are done, we'll start fitting them after the MOT this friday..

One thing we're still workin on is the locking of the wheel and jerry can arms to the bumper. Any ideas on options or do's or don'ts?

Cheers!

Hello,

We are booked on the Venice ferry for the 20th of July & will also be doing the same route.

Was the engine running ok before the pump was removed, if so it will more than likely be the timing, check the timing belt lines up correctly as the first check, if that is ok set the pump to the centre of the mounting plate slots & work from there.

Have you had your JAOS bullbar bar very long?

Cheers Dave.

PS. check the injection pipes are fitted in the correct order as 5 & 6 can be mixed up, 1,5,3,6,2,4

Hi Dave, pitty you're on the ferry the 20th, we're booked 6th of july so we will probably miss each other if you're not in a terrible hurry :)

Thnx for the tips, we'll check them thursday! The bullbar we've had now since about half a year. It came from Wheels Unlimited in Beesd, Netherlands. Looks familiar to you i guess?

Hi, You never know we may cross paths somewhere along the route, Just asked about the bar as I sold mine a few weeks ago.

Cheers

Oops,
Thats not looking too good,,,

Visemar Line

Visemar Line Srl, in consideration of the dangerous social and political situation worsening in Syria, according to contractual general terms & conditions, the governing law, and advice of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, will suspend the combined passenger and freight service on the Venice - Tartous - Alexandria - Venice. However, freight capacity will be increased on the route from beginning of June 2011 due to the replacement of the Ro/Pax VISEMAR ONE with Mv CRAGSIDE, a new Ro/Ro ro-ro vessel.

The change on a freight only service will continue up to end of June

2011 with an increased capacity on the route.

After that, the service will be suspended during summer period and it will resumed on October 2011.

Our office will remain at your full disposal for any further information needed

Hi Tim, Been looking at options since they emailed me, people as recently as sunday was still transiting Syria..

Dave.

Unsure if you sorted thhe smoking issue out yet? Sometimes cranking a diesel without it running would mean a lot of unburnt diesel lying around, take it for a run for 3/4 miles at a fair speed and see if the smoke lessens (assuming the smoke is not causing a hazard), you my find that it all disappears after awhile.

regards

Dave

Back