Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Escape Gear seat covers

Grimbo

Country Flag
great_britain
In this day and age few things exceed expectations but the seat covers that just arrived from Escape Gear have managed to do so .

Communication with them was brilliant.... they told me delivery would be slower than normal due to reduced workforce capacity and offered a full refund... I told them happy to wait.

From the time they despatched the covers to arrival here was less than 7 working days and that included an Easter Holiday .

Covers arrived in their own tough canvas draw string bag bag that will no doubt be more than useful .

Unpacking them you can see and feel the quality and having just fitted the headrest covers ( It's cold and dark outside ;-) ) I'm more than happy with the fit, they follow the original contours exactly .

I went for the original canvas in grey and they are a perfect match colour wise with the original leather .

Yes they are not cheap but they didn't cost much more than twice the price of the covers I did have on the seats and they have only been on for a couple of years and needed replacing so after 4 years I will be quids in and the Escape Gear ones fit like no other after market covers I've seen or found for an 80.... I know Black Duck fit well but postage from AUS was expensive ...

My original preference was for tailored Merino Hide ones like I had in a %$^"e Rov£$ many years ago but seem not available for 80's and now I have the Escape Gear ones I prefer them to wool anyhoo .

Again big vote for Escape gear and won't be the last bit of their kit I buy .

A big :thumbup: for Escape Gear too from me. I eventually pulled the trigger on a front pair for the 100 in charcoal with the dash pad and trans tunnel cover. A big gasp at the total cost but what kit it is.

It may be noted that Escape Gear products can be purchased from Roy Duffy, a forum member on here and proprietor of 4x4 Obsession. I bought mine just before Roy started stocking it.

Mine didn't wash very well.

Its funny you should say that Chris, the ones from the ex GS/JW 80 look like they've been through the washer and don't look as well as they might. Maybe there is some specific washing instructions.

I fitted some khaki ones to my 80 about 7 years ago. They have been brilliant. Worth every penny. I wore my drivers side out in the same way that the leather wears on the bolster edge so coincidentally I ordered a new set yesterday direct from them. looking forward to sprucing up the interior after a few years of good use.

The current wife followed the washing instructions on the label. They came up clean, but looked like a bag of rocks had been tipped in with them. I'd describe them as 'stone-washed'.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back