Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

eu in or out poll

Frog (no pun intended) in the saucepan...

hitler tried to form an European Union by force,it didn't work then but it seems to me that Germany hold the best hand now

Opportunism in my view Pat, it doesn't make it right or wrong, every member or ascention state (sorry country - slapped hand, what a giveaway!) is at it and rightly so.

Hitler's way was wrong and the allied forces paid dearly to prove it and bring it down.

The EU and any other unification could be to everyone's benefit if handled correctly, the 'out' campaigner's are justifiably concerned that it's being and will continue to be, handled incorrectly. I sympathize.

Last edited:
Germany have an unintended benefit of the Euro zone at the moment - the competitive prices of their exports is skewed in part by the weakness of the Euro in comparison to the value that it would have been under the DM regieme... that works in their favour in a big way.

However, that weakness of the Euro is such that imports from anywhere else are much higher, and that makes it difficult for us to trade nicely with them...

BUT we do have the disadvantage that we squandered a lot of the wealth from the North Sea - unlike Norway, we didn't really do a sovereign wealth fund - and so have limited opportunities to self-fund investment and development.

Ed

hitler tried to form an European Union by force,it didn't work then but it seems to me that Germany hold the best hand now

The UK will not be allowed to leave the EU. David is running around frantically with his smoke and mirrors while his 'strings' are being pulled from afar.

Check out what the Bilderberg Group is all about..... it's real and it's alive today.

Hitlers plan may not have gone to... erm plan, but the end result has been the same.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You can tell when passions boil over when Godwin's law is demonstrated before the second page is done. And the third.

Well for those that want to stay, because of the fear of the unknown, what are those slimeballs hiding until after the referendum in case they add fuel to a Brexit

http://www.politico.eu/article/brus...button-uk-referendum-campaign-eu-legislation/

I've read somewhere an increase in our daily payment, plus our forces being made part of the EU military, what else are they scheming and conniving.
The unelected Commission make the laws and directives for us and the EU, OUR "ELECTED" Parliament is the one that should be making OUR laws

Britain should stay in IMO. I don't believe the British economy has the strength in depth to go it alone and grow in any way. Look at international trade. One of the key factors in the location of multinationals is access to EU market free trade. Take that away and you may find it difficult to attract new foreign investment. Traditional British industry has all but gone, caused mostly by the trade union movement and not Europe. Trade with other EU members is critical whether you want to believe it or not. I think leaving would be a touch hasty, and ill considered if the migrant crisis thrown in as a reason to leave. Migration to the UK happened long before the EU, and driven by the colonial past of Britain

i know it said simple response in the title, but everyone else is adding 2cents!

You can tell when passions boil over when Godwin's law is demonstrated before the second page is done. And the third.
Unless you have been living with your head buried in the sand*, in this instance Godwins Law is wholey justifiable.

*Just noticed you live in Wales, so it's understandable.

Unless you have been living with your head buried in the sand*, in this instance Godwins Law is wholey justifiable.

I think that illustrates my point.

* I do understand that the EU isn't some sort of investment fund where you expect to get more money back in grant aid than you put in. I don't know if Wales has, or even if it's possible to calculate that. We had some nice new paving slabs and a statue of a miners' lamp in the village square which I think had some EU money behind them though.

I don't think the euro is sustainable anyway its just shifting wealth from one corner to the next within its own borders , or robbing peter to pay paul and while they are at it Asia is growing in financial dominance of the world market .

Britain will survive because our economy is hardwired to America , if we go down they go down and visa versa . 3 years on we would be back in the union with a pair of testicles that would make maggie thatcher blush .

Last edited:
I think the wealth shifting idea is supposed to lend economic stability to a wide geographic region. That will tend to reduce migration between those regions, and tend also to lower political tensions. The EU should also open a wider market for trade and that should give economic growth to the members of the EU. I realise there are very different perceptions as to how well this is working.

I don't see why our economy failing would bring down the US economy. They may fail for the same reasons but it would be coincidence rather than causality. I think the US economy failing would bring down the global economy. If the US agree that our economy failing would bring them down, it is perhaps telling their president wants us to remain in the EU.

I think Asia is growing because it has cheap labour which is becoming better educated. But also because the big players have two huge internal markets for their products. China and India. I also think those markets have benefited from the ease of movement of labour towards the areas where growth is centred. Bangalore, and Shanghai, for example. They will start to lose ground when their economies strengthen and the workers demand better pay relative to others around the globe. This has been happening with IT, which I think is relatively easy to move because it's a service rather than a physical product. There was a lot of growth in India, and still is. But India has become relatively expensive so European and North American companies have looked elsewhere. Malaysia, for example. Globalisation is doing what the EU is trying to do, but it's working fastest in the physically large nations which by definition have no or low barriers for trade and migration; Brazil also.

My worry if we leave the EU is that much of what is left of our manufacturing might go because much of our manufacturing is foreign owned and here because it's easy to push those products into the EU. My big local employer is Ford. If exporting to the EU becomes more expensive through additional administration and maybe tariffs I'm sure they will review their location. If they moved, thats a big impact to my local area. They are not going to suddenly send a load of Transit van engines to the US to make up for it.

Problem is, I don't know. I certainly don't think we'll fall apart if we leave the EU. I do think we'll notice the change. So I will take a punt on my best guess as to what that change might be on whatever day we get to vote. Living in a very safe parlimentary constituency I am at least enthused that for the first time ever I have a vote that means something.

I think I lead for the poorest adherence to the vote, dont comment ethic of this thread.

DC is saying it will take 7-9 years to leave if the the country votes 'out'. WTF!!

Well,

Assume we leave, and after several years we find things tough.

I suggest there will always be the opportunity to rejoin.

DC is saying it will take 7-9 years to leave if the the country votes 'out'. WTF!!
Like I said......
The UK will not be allowed to leave the EU......

We sold out in 75.... Britain will never be 'Great' again.

Our country's so called leaders no longer have gonads and are just a bunch of spineless 'yes men' whose only skill is to treat us like mushrooms :(

Like it or lump it the EU is here to stay so to vote out is the ONLY way to strengthen our position within the union .

Like I said......
Our country's so called leaders no longer have gonads and are just a bunch of spineless 'yes men' whose only skill is to treat us like mushrooms :(

Certainly does seem that way. Blair was Bush's puppet, Brown was, well, Brown, Cameron likes to look important and use posh words, Corbyn, well, he wants us to use strongly worded letters and send flowers instead of building our might. We're a bought of thrush (irritating little ...) for the EU. :(

Back