Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Evenin' all

Doodle

Garage
Sticking my head over the parapet, as the new owner of an impeccable LWB TD Colorado after a disastrous liaison with a Shogun.

Prepping it for some off-road work, new tyres have already gone on, there's an ever growing list of shiny bits to buy!

welcome to the club. :thumbup:

And evenin to you too, welcome and good choice, but as many have said before, this thread is useless without pictures :D

Welcome, I got my Colorado an haven't looked back

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's clear this car has let a pretty pampered life so far, despite having a fair amount of tread the Dunlop AT20s it arrived on had to go, I need something that *actually* works off road. They've been replaced with a larger set of Grabber AT2 - I'll pick up a 2nd spare at some point.

Next job is to tap up J66P of this parish for a set of his lovely rock sliders, and sort out a set of plates for the underside. ASFIR seems to be the easy option, but at what cost? Can't help but feel I could make something equivalent for far less.

Oh, and a shot from when the deal was done...
20120728_142014.jpg

Ironically I was going to bring my dad's one back from Italy, but in the end it was going to cost too much to make it worthwhile.

Hi Doodle,

Welcome on-board, :thumbup:
Great forum, witty banter, bit of "leg pulling" :lol:

Enjoy your new Land Cruiser :clap:

Gra.

Well...a poor day for sourcing modifications. I've got a while until the March deadline, but want to get on with it to get as much familiarity time with the finished vehicle.

Had a chat with TBR re ordering a set of ASFIR plates. Transfer plate in stock, but no front ones. None at the European warehouse either, which means waiting for the new batch to come from the Israelis. :doh:
Apparently they're looking into selling Sheriff plates too, but looking around at other stockists their steel ones are no cheaper than ASFIR, and their aluminium versions are considerably more expensive. Guess I'll just have to wait then.

Tried to get in contact with K4Designs to find out lead time and delivery costs for a set of rock sliders last week, but without joy :( . Perhaps someone can give a gentle nudge? (I'm presuming as a newcomer I don't have PM rights yet) I have money I want to send in their direction!

Back