Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Excessive brake pedal travel

Fingers crossed it all works as it should. :pray:

Ah yes postage hike from Parcel FARCE!

regards

Dave

Good news on the success:thumbup:

Who is it that does this calculation on behalf of HMRC? Is it the post office, the courier company?

They need their balls tapping... whoever they are

Good news on the success:thumbup:

Who is it that does this calculation on behalf of HMRC? Is it the post office, the courier company?

They need their balls tapping... whoever they are

Nope, it will be Mr Osbourne, who else could constrive something as devious¿

regards

Dave

It's in Book 6 Page 1278 paragraph 5 of subsection G item 7(l) of the last budget. Clear for everyone to read :icon-biggrin:.

Hi guys!
I'm not sure if this has been disscused over here but you should give it a chance. While trying to see why I had suck horrible brakes, and from my super bad experience on the romanian made 4x4 Aro braking system, I studied the brake system on the Landcruisr and saw a strange stuff about it, just like on some Aro's. The output master cylinder circuit for the front end of the truck has a T piece just under the master cylinder that gives pressure to the ABS unit for the front end, and the other exit goes all the way to the LSPV for no reason, to my understanding (the bleeder on the LSPV si actualy used to bleed this uselees pipe, and has nothing to do with the actual LSPV). So I therefore got myself two M10 brake bleeders, took the pipe that goes from the T piece to the LSPV out and blocked the exit with the bleeder, and did the same on the LSPV. The result was unbelievable! I had a truck that now stops just like a normal one instead of the spongy and very fade brakes I had before. You should give it a try!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Bear's

and the other exit goes all the way to the LSPV for no reason, to my understanding (the bleeder on the LSPV si actualy used to bleed this uselees pipe, and has nothing to do with the actual LSPV).

I'd be concernered the master cylinder wasn't sealing properly, allowing pressure to/from the LSPV to reduce, and giving the symptoms you describe. I'm not sure blocking the route between the MC & LSPV is the best way to counter a possible faulty component(s). Are you absolutely sure the pipe from the MC to the LSPV is there for "no reason" I find it hard to believe Toyota would have designed a redundant bit of pipe into the braking circuit.

After the lift was fitted on my 80 I needed the LSPV set to compensate, my LSPV was found to be defective, I had a new LSPV fitted, tested with Toyota pressure gauges and set correctly, braking improved tremendously, however when I took it off road the brake efficiency suffered due to the action of articulation on the LSPV, "severe diesel creep" is about the best description I could give. A new MC was fitted, this solved the issue completely.

I would be concerned that your "bodge" mite have severe consiquences with either a light load, or heavy load, during emergency braking, you mite want to try doing a skid test on gravel/loose surface with both an unladen truck, and a fully laden truck, to make sure your rear brakes don't lock up prior to the front brakes in an emergency.

.... Regarding the HMRC fiddling exercise.The total cost of the parts including postage was £206.93 so I assumed this is the figure that would be used to calculate rip off Britain taxes.

So….. first of all they add on Customs Duty on to the £206.93. Then, they add on the postage cost that is written outside the parcel (£27.87). Then, they add on the VAT.

The result being, I have paid VAT on top of the Customs Duty (a pish take but I was expecting that) but then to take the pish even further they charged VAT on the original cost (including postage) and then added VAT onto postage again
mad.gif

It only meant a difference of £5.57 extra VAT but if they are doing this 1000’s of times a day, that’s a nice little earner.

I filled in one of these one of these to see what their response was and credit where it is due, they have issued me with a refund which turned out to be substantially more than I had calculated :thumbup:

It would be good if they got it right in the first place! Computer error or human (both are controlled by humans so the same IMO). And where does all that 'error money' go when the auditors turn up and go through the books? Glad you go the right outcome, I bet many thousands (millions?), never complain or even query.

regards

Dave

Back